Bark Bark! How to get your bullog to stop barking?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks for that excerpt @BruceP. :up:

Wilson is a barker too and he's thinks he's quite the watchdog. Sometimes he can be found outside at 2AM barking at whatever he thought he heard. We have a doggy door so he lets himself outside to potty and usually comes right back in.Mainly he barks when he wants our attention whether it be play or he wants up on the bed. I'm starting to ignore him and I give him a firm "quite." He'll keep up with is barking when we ignore him and the sound of it changes from a nice loud "hey I want your attention" bark to soft squeeky "no one's paying attention to me anymore" bark. The last one is pretty funny. I'm not keen on the spray bottle though, to me it has the possibility of making a dog head shy. I never thought to make them lay down though - gonna have to try that.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah never barks unless the door bell rings or she sees a squirrel..and that's usually just a low "gruff." lol!

For bad behavior with her..and my cats..my family uses a squirt bottle. If the cats jump on the table, they get a squirt. If they start clawing the furniture, squirt. If Delilah chases the cats..squirt. LOL. You get the idea. But anyways, it's really helped curb any problem behavior. I bet it could work for barking!