Does anyone go biking with your bulldog?

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I have this bike trailer that I tried to sell last year before getting Bruno. Now I'm thinking of keeping it so Bruno can go biking with us.

image.jpg

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
That sounds awesome, I would do it if I had one:) as long as he can't jump out of it... I have to fasten Joey when I take her in her stoller cos she'll get the idea that she's slim sometimes and tries to jump out of it:fie:

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Lol, at first I thought you meant biking as in a bulldog running beside a bike. I was thinking, "well no but Belle does walk halfway to the mailbox sometimes with me before having to be carried back ":p I like that trailer though and I bet Bruno would love it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, we don't have one of those so can't bike with them, but that would be an awesome idea. I'm sure Bruno would love it.
Dozer would be terrified of the cart, lol. I have a Little Tikes wagon that belonged to my grandson when he was little, and I thought it would be a good idea to use it for Dozer because he hates to walk, but my chicken little was terrified of it.
The cart would be safe from him jumping up because it zips up so he wouldn't be able to get out. The only thing that I would wonder about is if it's hot outside, would it be too hot inside the cart? Maybe you would have to bike in the early mornings or early evenings, when it's cooler out.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
It has the clear plastic rain guards that can be undone rolled up to expose the black mesh screen.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... I so want to do this!! let us know how it goes with him

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Looks great, just make sure it does not get too hot.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yup, agree - sounds fun, just watch the temps. Even though he's just sitting in there enjoying the ride... he could still overheat. But I bet shorter rides and maybe in the evenings - he should love it :)

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
:hiya:
We have a bike trailer/carriage for dogs for three years now and we use it very often. In winter when it is very cold Püppy has to wear a small fleece-jacket and we then ride only short distances (three streets to the nearby woods) because into the trailer she can't move enough to keep herself warm.
In summer when it is hot we only ride the very short distances, too (but not about noon).

bilder 56 009.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like it would be fun, when it's not too hot. :)

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
We have one for Effie :) We just got it not that long ago. She really seems to enjoy it. We go in the evenings when it's cooler :) Someone recommended a little clip in fan to me, which I think is a fantastic idea. My husband and I love to ride our bikes down at the oceanfront bike path, and we thought this would be a wonderful way to include our little girl :) I hope you enjoy it!!
9bf159089f6cff72893cfd7aa26e7dbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.