looking thin

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
archies 5 months and the last few wks he is looking thin is it normal at this age ,as someone said he will grow up then fill out any ideas

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Can you provide any pictures we'd love to see some photos. My bully Boris started to bulk up around 6-8 months and he's currently sitting at 42 lbs at 10 months.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Thin is much better for a pup than chubby and like Matt said in not so many words... :pics:

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
dont know how to put them up ,but carnt see how the post is worthless its a perfectly simple question i thought ,ie do bullys tend to grow up before out

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
dont know how to put them up ,but carnt see how the post is worthless its a perfectly simple question i thought ,ie do bullys tend to grow up before out

Riikka is being funny. We love pics here, so every thread is pretty much worthless without at least 100 pictures enclosed. :)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie weighs about 45 lbs at 10 months and she looks pretty trim. But it's better for them to be on the thin side--they're much healthier that way. Bullies should have a waistline. Ideally, you should be able to easily feel their ribs, but not see them. (IMO :))

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
My Floyd is 7 1/2 months and crazy skinny, he just keeps going up and I'm sure he will fill out soon enough. He is healthy and happy.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I think my Bella is pretty solid looking. She's about 40 pounds at 7.5 months old. When she was really young, she was thin. I used to see the roley poley bully pups and think I wanted my girl to be like that. I think your pup will fill out just fine.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Yes it is normal. Bullies grow UP before OUT. So it is totally normal at this age. Mine is still tall and lanky, and she is almost 2 years old. She weighs 42 lbs and is 16 inches tall. I think at 5 months she weighed 21 lbs. How much does he weigh?

Keanebobulldogs

May 17, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Patch, Amy & Darcy
When we brought our first bulldog he was really chunky as a puppy and all of a sudden he lost all of his puppy fat and looked really thin, we kept an eye on him but he looked like he was getting thinner as time went on, we tried all different dog foods to see if any would put some weight on him but nothing was working, we took him to the vets and they wasn't very helpful as they said its good that he is thin because people ruin bulldogs... as you can guess this angered us and decided to get a second opinion from a reputable breeder, they recommended the food they used, which was Dr Johns Gold and a pound of Lamb mince (which you can get from a butcher), he soon piled the weight on, he is a leggy bulldog anyway but he looks a lot better, Archie is still young so I wouldn't be so worried at the moment but you could try a different food or adding some sort of meat too it. Hope this helps

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sorry if I affended you. It's really just like Cali mentioned, we love pics! And here's some of my baby's....
561985_10151541855689726_19241419_n.jpgHere's my younger boy at exactly 5m weighing something like 22kg/48lbs. This him yesterday at 2y5m and 29kg/64lbsDSC_0052.jpg
936303_10151591765299726_1443550839_n.jpgThis is both of my boys at 6m and this them just a few weeks ago9439_10153236578764726_9108710995365318770_n.jpgthe way I like a bulldog to be...muscular, not fat.

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
arrrh thanks i will just keep my eye on him for now and i will takr him to get weighed and let you know

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
My pups 4 month old and 10 and a half kg. He looks similar build to RiiSi's pictures, I prefere them to look like that than chunky and over weight. He happily eats 3 meals a day and has a boiled egg with breakfast. Get him weighed and see what he is then as long as he's eating he should be ok, if your concerned pets at home near me have scales in store what you can use, it might be the same near you, just put him on them every month or 6 week to make sure he's going in the right direction. Ill try to upload a pic of mine later when im home from work so you can compare, their a similar age so should be to much different im guessing. Someone correct me in im wrong but don't they get taller then fill out?

Most Reactions