FED UP with the potty issues!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
It's hard to break habits, especially with bulldogs I've noticed... Bennie used to poop during the night in the house we lived at before, since we moved he hasn't done it once even. Most bulldogs follow routine very strictly, for good and bad. In time I'm sure she will be able to break the bad circle.

I used to stay out with Bennie until he pooped before we went to bed, that helped cos then he didn't have any poop left, lol. It's frustrating cos to us it doesn't make sense... but since Belle has a difficult past it was her only choice, so it makes sense to her. Shame, I hope she'll figure out soon that she doesn't need to poop in her crate.

Dogs are very loyal, they love human attention. Maybe she didn't get any attention before, unless she pooped in her crate... I'm sure that got some attention even if it was bad. It's sad but dogs work like that. I'd try to completely ignore her when she's done it, just clean it without a word and leave her alone for a while after.

She's still young, she'll learn:)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I just want to offer my support, as that's a really challenging thing to live with. I'm really hoping you can find resolution.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I also wanted to say I've seen some dogs in the bully rescue group here take an entire year to truly settle into their new home. I truly believe time will be the biggest help with her issue.

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Well, we went 2 days without an accident while being crated but this morning she peed again when left alone for an hour. *sigh* She's so stinkin cute that I just can't get mad at her. She looks up at me with those huge brown eyes and I melt :whistle:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe someone's said this before... but have you tried treating her like a puppy again? Try to really praise her when she's going potty outside, I mean full on fan club, clap hands, baby talk and super butt scratch to show her how good she's doing, lol.

And if she's going inside, totally ignore.

It works on puppies:)

I'm sure if she gets on a different schedule she'll stop. The trick is just to figure out how to do that...:unsure:

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Maybe someone's said this before... but have you tried treating her like a puppy again? Try to really praise her when she's going potty outside, I mean full on fan club, clap hands, baby talk and super butt scratch to show her how good she's doing, lol.

And if she's going inside, totally ignore.

It works on puppies:)

I'm sure if she gets on a different schedule she'll stop. The trick is just to figure out how to do that...:unsure:

Lol, oh I do that already. My neighbors probably think I'm insane. I jump around like an idiot when she goes potty outside and she just looks back at me like I'm crazy :rolleyes:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol, oh I do that already. My neighbors probably think I'm insane. I jump around like an idiot when she goes potty outside and she just looks back at me like I'm crazy :rolleyes:

Lol, well if they ever own a stubborn English bulldog they'll understand:D My neighbor still think we have kids... we have a room facing their house that is decorated like a child's room... it's our dogs room... with a princess play tent and other not so adult accessories:ashamed: We have a stroller parked on our veranda for... our dogs. I'm also doing quite a lot of baby talk during my days so I think it's in my favor that ppl think we have kids...

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Lol, well if they ever own a stubborn English bulldog they'll understand:D My neighbor still think we have kids... we have a room facing their house that is decorated like a child's room... it's our dogs room... with a princess play tent and other not so adult accessories:ashamed: We have a stroller parked on our veranda for... our dogs. I'm also doing quite a lot of baby talk during my days so I think it's in my favor that ppl think we have kids...

LOL, that's amazing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.