pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
For several months now my English Bulldog has become a major farter and Iā€™m wondering what I can do to minimize the sounds and smell that come out his rear end. Iā€™m well aware of breedā€™s issues with gas being Brachycephalic but this doesn't seem normal. My boy Chubs seems to fart loudly throughout the day but especially at night in his crate. Sometimes I wonder if heā€™s going gas himself unconscious or simple explode. Picture if you would a dog walking around with a whoopee cushion. Iā€™m currently feeding Canidae life stages dry kibble with mixture of wet Merrick. Iā€™ve been adding a table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to help with digestion but what else can I do?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
For several months now my English Bulldog has become a major farter and Iā€™m wondering what I can do to minimize the sounds and smell that come out his rear end. Iā€™m well aware of breedā€™s issues with gas being Brachycephalic but this doesn't seem normal. My boy Chubs seems to fart loudly throughout the day but especially at night in his crate. Sometimes I wonder if heā€™s going gas himself unconscious or simple explode. Picture if you would a dog walking around with a whoopee cushion. Iā€™m currently feeding Canidae life stages dry kibble with mixture of wet Merrick. Iā€™ve been adding a table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to help with digestion but what else can I do?

I would add a probitoic. This will greatly help with the gas. You can do an actual pill or powder (choose all natural if possible) or you can try plain jane yogurt daily. Make sure its plain, not flavored, when I was doing yogurt I used Nancys. We do pills now. But any plain greek yogurt will do. The Nancys we had to buy at Whole Foods, it wasn't available in our regular grocery store.

Greek_NFplain_24oz_web.png

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would try a better food and cut out the wet. I feed Merrick grain free Buffalo and Sweet potato to one of mine and raw to another. They hardly have any gas.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie and Jack eat Orijen Six Fish and I give them a packet of Fortiflora powder probiotic on their food in the morning and a Tablespoon of plain Greek you girt on their food at night. They rarely have gas and if they do, we don't smell it.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would try a better food and cut out the wet. I feed Merrick grain free Buffalo and Sweet potato to one of mine and raw to another. They hardly have any gas.

agreed 100 %!!

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
well good news people! I just recently read online that smelling farts can actually help to prevents all kinds of diseases all the way up to cancer...and since it was on the internet..it has to be true right!?!? All bulldog owners can now rejoice!!!! :pray:

OP
P

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
I forgot to add that I've also give him Table spoon or more of Plain Yogurt in the morning but so far no noticeable improvement.

[/video]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feed fromm with homecooked, give nuvet plus, coconut oils, and no stinky farts.

So I would look more at what you're feeding and start with 1 month of a good kibble with no other additives to see what's causing it. If you're doing a wet topper or even yogurt that can cause it. Yes yogurt is awesome but it can actually cause gas if given too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with the great advice you've already received, we feed our guys Fromm's as well, some bullies are sensitive to chicken and grains, so eliminating those from the diet may help. I also add 2 Tbsps of yogurt to their kibble every morning, and ACV to their drinking water everyday. When my guys were on Royal Canin as puppies they had wicked gas all the time, but once we switched to a better quality kibble, they very rarely have gas anymore, and they don't smell.

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
The yoghurt is sure to be helpful I agree , Chumley has a tablespoon each morning, I use a Greek low fat type .

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.