Red/bumps on chin

bbesler24

May 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Biscuit's has had red bumps on his chin for a little while. It's red around that area too. Not sure what it is or what it's from? Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,579

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Biscuit's has had red bumps on his chin for a little while. It's red around that area too. Not sure what it is or what it's from? Please help!

Oh my word, Biscuit is such a cutie! Those red bumps could be something as simple as acne like bumps, or from excessive moisture. When he drinks water, does he make a mess? I would try cleaning them with some witch hazel, and apply some sort of neosporin or vetericyn spray to see if they clear up in a few days. Does he have them anywhere else, or just chin? Also, if possible try to keep his chin dry...after he drinks ... if you don't see them clear up in a few days, then maybe allergies. But from the picture, doesn't look too bad.

OP
B

bbesler24

May 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Thank you so much!!! He does make a mess when he drinks water. So that could be it. I'll get on that today with keeping it dry and apply neosporin. Where can you get the witch hazel? Most of it is on his chin. There is one that just popped up under his eye kinda by this fold. Thanks again!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you so much!!! He does make a mess when he drinks water. So that could be it. I'll get on that today with keeping it dry and apply neosporin. Where can you get the witch hazel? Most of it is on his chin. There is one that just popped up under his eye kinda by this fold. Thanks again!!

You can get it anywhere, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS - its usually near the alcohol, and hydrogen peroxide, etc. Yes, keep it dry will really help. I would keep an eye on for the next few days to see if they are clearing up. Let us know :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You have gotten excellent advice !! Biscuit is so cute!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Good advice from everyone. One other thing my vet mentioned that can cause those bumps is chewing on plastic or rubber toys. Probably chewing on anything, because it makes so much slobber on the chin!

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
What a handsome boyyyy! My Tucker constantly has bumps on his chin too, they go down when I'm off and on the weekends, but tend to pop up when I'm at work... So for him, I attribute them to moisture .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my word, Biscuit is such a cutie! Those red bumps could be something as simple as acne like bumps, or from excessive moisture. When he drinks water, does he make a mess? I would try cleaning them with some witch hazel, and apply some sort of neosporin or vetericyn spray to see if they clear up in a few days. Does he have them anywhere else, or just chin? Also, if possible try to keep his chin dry...after he drinks ... if you don't see them clear up in a few days, then maybe allergies. But from the picture, doesn't look too bad.

:up: great advice

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you've received really great advice already, and Jessica has you covered. Red bumps or chin acne is usually caused by either moisture, allergies, or it can also be caused by using plastic bowls, which can harbor bacteria. Stainless steel bowls are a better choice to use and should be washed after each meal. Biscuit is so adorable, and I love his name, too cute.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina

I agree, moisture can do it. Try wiping his face with a clean towel after he drinks to keep it dry.

Careful with the witch hazel on bumps that popped and near his eye...it can sting on open skin and will burn if he gets it in his eyes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.