What Size Kong for English Bulldog?

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
I ordered my English Bulldog Chubs a Kong in the recommended size XL but this thing looks way too big even for my growing boy. I don't trust the manufactures suggested sizing so what do you all recommend for your English Bulldogs. Medium Large or XL. FYI my dog currently weighs in at 47.5 lb. and is about a 1.5 years old.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Regarding Kong Squeezz toys, whatever you do, don't buy medium. I've been burned on that one. Medium is the size of a golf ball--It's ridiculous. I just gave Bella's medium Kong Squeezz to her Mini-Poodle friend.

I always get large, but I'd consider getting XL, depending on the shape of the toy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have the large Kong... any wubba's I have are the larger size and the tennis balls are the normal size

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
i always tend to buy on the larger size since I don't want to risk any accidental (or intentional) swallowing of toys. frank has several large and XL size kongs, I wouldn't go any smaller.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree, I also tend to buy on the bigger side to be safe, my guys swallow everything. Large or XL is good for bullies, and I also generally stay with toys that are bigger than their mouths.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.