Fromm gold coast food

LolaLover

Oct 24, 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA
Has anyone tried the Fromm gold coast grain-free weight management food? I need to get Lola's weight down and I thought this might be a good option too.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have not personally but know a couple of people that use it and are really happy with it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Has anyone tried the Fromm gold coast grain-free weight management food? I need to get Lola's weight down and I thought this might be a good option too.

Hi, I haven't tried this food either, but you can't go wrong when using any of the Fromms foods, they are all a great quality food. Some other ways to reduce the weight of Lola is to reduce her feedings, so if you are currently feeding her 1 cup twice a day, reduce it to 3/4 of a cup twice a day, and then top up her kibble with green beans or other cooked vegetables to help fill her up without the extra calories, this way she will be full but without the extra calories. Also limit or cut out her treats all together, as these can also add extra calories to her daily diet, if you want to treat her for something, just use one piece of her own kibble rather than a store bought cookie type, or you can take a rice cake and break it up into small bite size pieces and give her a piece of that as a treat. Another way to help her lose weight is to increase her exercise, but that would not be good for Lola as she has a torn CCL and is ore and limping, so walking for her would not be good. Swimming would be a good exercise for her, if you have access to a pool and a good dog life jacket.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you can also lessen her kibble and substitute with green beans as a filler... so if she get 1 cup of food at a feeding - give her 3/4 kibble and 1/4 green beans to equal the cup

OP
LolaLover

LolaLover

Oct 24, 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA
Thank you both for the great advice, I just went to the store and bought a bunch of green beans so i'll try that. I still might try the food as well, but this hopefully will fill her up so she doesn't feel like she is starved. When she wants more food she just sits my her bowl and barks and barks hahaha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you both for the great advice, I just went to the store and bought a bunch of green beans so i'll try that. I still might try the food as well, but this hopefully will fill her up so she doesn't feel like she is starved. When she wants more food she just sits my her bowl and barks and barks hahaha

you can even give more greens beans... they have little to no calorie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.