just got 2 english bulldog puppies 2 weeks old bottle feeding help

dawnnoell88

May 8, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
A few days ago my fiancée and I responded to an add we saw on cregislist about English Bulldog puppies who were being bottle fed because the mother had a csection and wont nurse them or have anything to do with them. I bought 2 they are 2 weeks old today eyes not open yet. I am starting to question if they are purebred or if I was scammed. She brought 2 bull dogs with her when I picked up the pups but the puppies really don't look like the parents mother is all white with a little brown spots here and there and dad is brindle with white face chest feet. All 8 puppies were fawn black masks white on chest some have a white strip on face and a white foot. Can people post pictures of what a just turned 2 week old English bulldog pup should look like. both mom and dad had very large nose wrinkle and were very wrinkley where pups are not showing very many wrinkles and no nose wrinkle at all. Is this normal at just turned 2 weeks old today.

Paul Martin

Dec 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozy
First things first at 2 weeks old they should not be away from their mom yet. Why did they sell them at 2 weeks. Normally you can not take them home until after atleast 8 weeks?? Even if they will not nurse they need to hear her heartbeat

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
You can easily Google pictures of baby bulldog pups. A better question is why in the heck were they selling puppies that are only 2 weeks old! That's awful! Poor little babies :( They should be with their mother and littermates until at least 8 weeks.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy smokes, it's criminal that anyone would sell puppies that young but Craigslist is full of them. I have to agree with Tasha if you google 2 week old EBD puppies you'll get pages of them. I would take them back and get your money back and rescue a bulldog or find a reputable breeder.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Legally, the puppies are not to be separated from their mom until at least 8 weeks old. To have a C-section is the norm so really not an excuse. The mother rejecting the babies is possible but being the mother, she should have milk that the babies can consume and with the help of the humans in the household, the puppies should be nursing. Something is not adding up. The babies are way to young to be separated, end of story.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Because I feel bad for these babies, I'd be scared to take them back, bc who knows what they will end up doing with them. I can tell you that bullies don't have wrinkles yet at that age, they slowly get them as they grow older. Also, have you done research on bullies this young? You are going to have to feed them every couple of hours, and if possible get something like a heating pad, wrap it with blankets and put it with them. I hate to scare you, but as all others have said, they are far too young to be separated from mama, and I fear for their lives :( Can you search a local bulldog rescue near you that could possibly assist you? Or at least give you some good advice. Your main concern should be getting these babies healthy, and keeping them safe with round the clock monitoring... not so much that you got ripped off or if they are purebread. Just saying.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You were scammed no matter if they're pure bred or not. They should be with their mother (nursing or not) and litter mates until at least 8 weeks old. Why would you go and buy pups that young?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yeah I'm not sure I would return them either. I would feel too guilty about what could happen to them. Google everything you can about raising pups this young and be prepared to do a lot of work to keep them alive. I would also be calling your local aspca on the people.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You need to take these pups to a vet IMMEDIATELY… 2 weeks is WAY too young to be taken from the mother, but it's besides the point now. A reputable vet will let you know if he believes the pups are purebred or not AND advice you on how to care for the babies IF they were truly rejected. Whoever you purchased these pups from should be held accountable… most states do NOT allow you to sell pups before 8 weeks of age. Did you receive any paperwork regarding these pups… AKC registration?!!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
2 weeks old?!!! Why. They still so young. They NEED their mother :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow, I cannot believe how this happened, but I do want to support you through this so you can raise these sweet babies to be happy and healthy. The breeder should be ashamed of themselves!!

The best thing to feed them right now would be goat milk, it is the closest thing to mom's milk. They cannot regulate their temperature until after 3 weeks of age, so you must keep them warmed with hot water bottles, heat lamp, ect.

Here is a couple of pictures of 2 week old pups. The first picture is a 2 week old pup and a 4 week old pup-- as you can see they are twice as big in size in just a couple weeks.

IMG_1290.JPG

2 week vicki (3) - Copy.JPG2 wk nicky (7) - Copy.JPGmadison (4) - Copy.JPGshooter (1) - Copy.JPGshooter (15).JPG

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
This is so very sad, and I hope that you understand you will need to take action here. It's irrelevant whether they are pure bred or not - unless you have experience of caring for motherless young pups please rush them to a vet or rescue where they will hopefully be able to find a dog who might act as foster mum. Even if you manage to keep them alive by giving them proper care and nutrition, they will need to be with a dog mum to socialize and develop properly.

Please seek expert help to care for these babies...and report the people who sold them to you to the police as this cannot be legal.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So sad when things like this happen. Please stop giving Craigslist scammers your business. They won't stop if people are still giving them money.

Most Reactions