Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Everyone, Dozer has a story to tell you, he has found a drunk friend on his evening walks. In the evenings around 10 or 11 pm we go on our last walk of the evening, and its usually a longer walk, we either go to the plaza and get coffee or tea from Tim Horton's or we walk to the corner store and they do their duties on the way back. When we go to the Plaza, there is a Sports Bar there and they have a small outdoor patio. Whenever we walk home we have to pass by this bar, and my social fur balls have to go see all the people, and the people go crazy when they see them. Last year Dozer pulled me all the way down the street to the intersection and to the plaza, because he heard the music and people sitting outside. Last night we went for a walk to Tim's and we encountered this man who we have seen before, he is always at the bar, and he's always wasted lol, he loves my dogs like crazy and he always gets them super hyper.
Last night he was there again, and he saw the dogs, and went completely ballistic, he lay on the ground and Dozer was sliming him with kisses, I tried to hold him back and discourage him from jumping on this man, but he kept saying no, I love English Bulldogs, they're my favourite dog, and Dozer was lapping up the attention. Then it got really crazy and scary, the man started playing really hard with Dozer, he was wrestling with him, which Dozer loved, but it was a little too rough for my liking, and then he had Dozer's front paws and started dancing with him, I was afraid of him pulling his legs, and then Dozer started loving on him and was humping this man, which crazy drunk man thought was so funny and encouraged it, and was saying it was the most action he had had in a long time lol then the scariest thing happened, drunk man picked Dozer up off the ground by his neck and his body was dangling down, and he started spinning him around, while I'm still holding on to the leash and desperately trying to leave and go home at this point because Dozer was over excited and hyper at this point. I was so scared he was going to drop him on the ground and he was gong to get hurt, and the more I tried to get him to put him down and tried to leave, he would grab him and say he wanted to take him home with him. I finally was able to get some distance from the man and Dozer and said we had to go home as it was late, and then i hightailed it out of there. Dozer kept looking back, and tried to pull his way back to this guy, He loves this crazy drunk friend, but me not so much. It's too much lol

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
that is scary. While the man has the best of intentions, he is also wasted. Him losing his footing while carrying Dozer is not a remote possibility.

I will do my best to get him out of there. Best excuse, bathroom break excuse.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh my, that is some story. I would try to avoid that for a while.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... - I'd be looking for a new walking path. What started out as a nice greeting sure did turn scary. Glad you are both OK

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That IS scary. I would cross the road,when passing that bar. I'd be afraid he would see where you live and come there! It sure got out of hand-and next time could even be worse. The kids-or you might get hurt. BEWARE OF DRUNKS!:yes::hangover:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I would get a new walking path, maybe with people on the way-but different sober people, haha. If they really love all their fans I'd hate to take that away from them. But I don't like to let dexter around certain people because of his excitement level so I get it.

Bottom line is it would make me super nervous for him to have picked my baby up-sober or not!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh so scary that he picked Dozer up by the neck! I have similar, although not as scary, situations happen all the time. We live in Washington, DC close to lots of bars and restaurants. If I go out at night or even if I don't, Ruckus gets a late night walk. I constantly hear people yell "bulldog!" or "Jack he looks like Jack!" (Because the Georgetown University mascot is a bulldog named Jack haha). Ruckus hears it and immediately wants attention. Drunk guys sit on the ground to play with him and everyone leans in to give him kisses. I'm always afraid he's going to accidentally head butt someone -- it has happened before when he gets hyped...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Better make him wear a helmet-so if he head butts someone, Ruckus won't get hurt!!:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would avoid that area if at all possible...

People make me nervous when they get around my dogs, I swear I'm giving them the look of death… Lol You need to get some mace to carry around w/you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.