archies poop

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
archies poop is never solid its always ok on his first but after that they are always soft ,he is on royal canine and loves it ,does this sound normal ??

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
archies poop is never solid its always ok on his first but after that they are always soft ,he is on royal canine and loves it ,does this sound normal ??

Soft like soft serve yogurt? Or runny? Honestly, firm poop is your sign that all is well digestive wise, color may vary. Royal Canine isn't the greatest food, so could be that. You could also try adding a probiotic to his food to see if that helps out with his poop.

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
no not runny ,like mr whippy ice cream lol,i thought royal canine was one of the better foods ??? any you suggest

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can also try decreasing the amount of food served and see if that firms up the poop. Usually feeding too much will result in soft poop. Plus Royal Canin isn't that great of a food, but if your bully is doing well on it, then stay with it. Ours did OK on it for about 6 months, then started itching with it, and turning red.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Paul, Jessica has given you great advice and given you the link to The Dog Food Ratings. My guys came from the breeder on Royal Canin and I switched them, as it is rated as a 3 Star food, which isn't the worst food, but not the best either. The reason it isn't the best brand to feed your bully is it has corn, grains, and other fillers that aren't good for dogs, plus it is a chicken based kibble. Many EBs are allergic or sensitive to chicken and grains. You want to choose a good quality Dogfood that is rated at a 4 Star or better and one that is chicken and grain free. Examples of these are Fromm's, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Arcana, and Orijen. I don't know which brands are available to you in the Uk. You can add 2 Tbsp's of plain yogurt to his morning kibble for the Probiotics, which is good for digestion and the immune system.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi Paul I'm in the UK, we feed our girl James well beloved grain free which is a good brand she seems to do well on this, there's also wainwright they to do a grain free brand i can't think of anymore of the top of my head but it's pretty much trail and error when it comes to food every bullies different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus was on Prescription Royal Canin for a long time and his poop would be a light brown color and semi soft. I think it is normal for that food. BTW, how old is Archie, and how often/how much are you feeding him?

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
hes nearly 5 month and his daily allowance with no treats

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
gonna try him on james welbeloved would he be on puppy ,junior,or adult hes 5mth nearly

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online