Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 20

Thread: advice on summer with bully

  1. #1
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Location
    syracuse
    Posts
    229
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)
    290

    Default advice on summer with bully

    The days are getting hotter and Molly loves being outside but gets hot really fast. I know bulldogs don't handle the heat to well any ideas on things I can do to make her summer be a great one

    Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

  2. #2
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    We spend tons of time outside and have to limit Ruthie and Brutus. It sucks and they sit in the window and bark because they want to be with us.
    We have a pool so they are always in that, they play in the hose and always have fresh water and shade.
    it's supposed to be 90 here today so when it gets this hot, i walk them either very early or very late in the evening. They daytime hrs are limited to about 10-15 mins outside and back in to cool down. They last a bit longer if we wet them down well, but we don't like to risk it.

    I also make them what i call "bully beef cubes" which is frozen ice cubes with beef broth in it. They love them and sit and munch on those to keep cool.

  3. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,512
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6201

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by Seline Weiskopff View Post
    The days are getting hotter and Molly loves being outside but gets hot really fast. I know bulldogs don't handle the heat to well any ideas on things I can do to make her summer be a great one
    Always keep cold water available - most bullies love love love ice, so give ice chips, cubes Also, we purchased a "Kool Collar" for Tyson - Its hot & humid here in TX, so we put this on him for his walks only.... its basically an ice pack you put into the collar, and it slowly melts, releasing water down their necks to help keep them cool. A cool spray down with the hose also helps keep them cool if you're outside. You're best bet is to limit the time outside, and just watch for her body language and signs that she's hot. You will notice them quickly, heaving panting, drooling, etc. Get her inside asap if you see that start to happen.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  4. Likes Manydogs, JennieS, harveyspecter, dolphin liked this post
  5. #4
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6680

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    The other day it was 70 degrees. I had to go to the bank, and took Maude with me. On the way home, I stopped at one yard sale. When we got back in the car, she was panting so bad,I put the A/C on high and I was really worried about her. She did okay, but She won't be going anywhere this summer. I AM going to get them a pool, and the A/C in the house will be on! @TyTy'smom has given great advice! Maude loves the sun and she cries at the door to go out, and all she wants to do is lay in the sun! I have to "drag" her in!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  6. #5
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Location
    syracuse
    Posts
    229
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)
    290

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    We spend tons of time outside and have to limit Ruthie and Brutus. It sucks and they sit in the window and bark because they want to be with us.
    We have a pool so they are always in that, they play in the hose and always have fresh water and shade.
    it's supposed to be 90 here today so when it gets this hot, i walk them either very early or very late in the evening. They daytime hrs are limited to about 10-15 mins outside and back in to cool down. They last a bit longer if we wet them down well, but we don't like to risk it.

    I also make them what i call "bully beef cubes" which is frozen ice cubes with beef broth in it. They love them and sit and munch on those to keep cool.
    That's a great idea I'm definitely trying it ty

    Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

  7. #6
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Location
    syracuse
    Posts
    229
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)
    290

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    The other day it was 70 degrees. I had to go to the bank, and took Maude with me. On the way home, I stopped at one yard sale. When we got back in the car, she was panting so bad,I put the A/C on high and I was really worried about her. She did okay, but She won't be going anywhere this summer. I AM going to get them a pool, and the A/C in the house will be on! @TyTy'smom has given great advice! Maude loves the sun and she cries at the door to go out, and all she wants to do is lay in the sun! I have to "drag" her in!
    I've been taking Molly everywhere with me.she usually has a moment when she decides she likes a spot and plants herself right there ! She's getting to be a big girl already 35 pounds so I bring treats now when we go somewhere lol she will do anything for them !

    Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

  8. #7
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6680

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    @Seline Weiskopff Mine expect a treat just for coming up the steps!! (leftover puppy bribery...)er, I mean TRAINING
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  9. Likes Seline Weiskopff liked this post
  10. #8
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,893
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3557

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @Seline Weiskopff Mine expect a treat just for coming up the steps!! (leftover puppy bribery...)er, I mean TRAINING
    oh yeah, Harvey expects a treat just for looking at him. Like what do you want, you have something for me or what?
    Hug your bully today

  11. Likes Seline Weiskopff liked this post
  12. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11518

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    We spend tons of time outside and have to limit Ruthie and Brutus. It sucks and they sit in the window and bark because they want to be with us.
    We have a pool so they are always in that, they play in the hose and always have fresh water and shade.
    it's supposed to be 90 here today so when it gets this hot, i walk them either very early or very late in the evening. They daytime hrs are limited to about 10-15 mins outside and back in to cool down. They last a bit longer if we wet them down well, but we don't like to risk it.

    I also make them what i call "bully beef cubes" which is frozen ice cubes with beef broth in it. They love them and sit and munch on those to keep cool.


    Our girl was a sunbathing NUT... so we bought her a baby pool to play in and at times let her 'frolic' in the sprinkler to stay cool. I would give her about 30 mins. and then it was calm time and back in the house
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  13. #10
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post


    Our girl was a sunbathing NUT... so we bought her a baby pool to play in and at times let her 'frolic' in the sprinkler to stay cool. I would give her about 30 mins. and then it was calm time and back in the house
    Ruthie LOVES to sun bathe. i get them a pool every year but they destroy it with in 4 mins. They love the hose, Brutus ate it last year so we had to get a new one, he may be banned from it this year.
    I just had them in the pool, this is Ruthie's current position.
    -20150506_150951-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20150506_150951-jpg  

  14. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
  15. #11
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Location
    syracuse
    Posts
    229
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)
    290

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    oh yeah, Harvey expects a treat just for looking at him. Like what do you want, you have something for me or what?
    Everytime my hubby goes to the store he gets her something well today he forgot! She was so sad he went back out and got her favorite antler

    Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

  16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  17. #12
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Location
    syracuse
    Posts
    229
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)
    290

    Default Re: advice on summer with bully

    Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    Ruthie LOVES to sun bathe. i get them a pool every year but they destroy it with in 4 mins. They love the hose, Brutus ate it last year so we had to get a new one, he may be banned from it this year.
    I just had them in the pool, this is Ruthie's current position.
    -20150506_150951-jpg
    Too cute ! A complete stranger at the dog park gave me a puppy pool she loves it we will see how long it last. this is mollys current situation lol -20150506_153212-jpg

    Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

  18. Likes JennieS, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •