Y'all are in my thoughts & prayers.
Sending big hugs!

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
NEVER grab a dog by its collar, face or throat. You are at risk of being torn up yourself. To break a dog fight, grab the dog from the back at its hips.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
NEVER grab a dog by its collar, face or throat. You are at risk of being torn up yourself. To break a dog fight, grab the dog from the back at its hips.

Great advice and there is something sold on Amazon that's used
to break the lock of Pits hanging on to another dog or person. It's
shoved in the mouth where opened, behind their teeth.

Guess we all need this tool & mace (maybe a bat) when walking
our dogs now, too many untrained, unsecured dogs & uncaring owners :(

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh how terrible! How could your neighbor not restrain his dog?!? Awful awful owner.

I hope Bifi feels better soon! It's so terrible for them because they're such sweet, trusting dogs and when they get bit they just don't understand...

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Oh how terrible! How could your neighbor not restrain his dog?!? Awful awful owner.

I hope Bifi feels better soon! It's so terrible for them because they're such sweet, trusting dogs and when they get bit they just don't understand...

Yes, could not agree more. When Harvey meets another dog, he wants to say Hi and the other dog just wants to attack him so very cautious when we see another dog. On the other hand, the bulldog meet was awesome being with his own kind. That was refreshing, seemed like they all knew each other, everyone was just snorting, sniffing and so on.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Shame, poor Bifi:( Hope he's doing ok? I'm terrified when me and my husband walk our dogs cos there is ALWAYS dogs coming our way somehow. It's crazy that ppl can't keep their dogs in place, especially if they are aggressive.

We are armed with pepper spray and a cane when walking ours... shouldn't have to be that way:glare:

Really hope little Bifi won't get traumatized<3

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
This was going to be my post exactly! Dog bite punctures can get infected so easily, and before you know it, it can get quite serious,because it starts below the surface, and by the time you can see it, it is deep. It is much better (and cheaper) to be safe than sorry. If you know who's dog it was, you can also sue them for the vet bills, and report this dog as dangerous. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of dog owners, who know their dog will bite/doesn't get along with other dogs, and they just don't care. If I were you, I would get them to pay bills, as you had witness-and also that dog could be dangerous to children,too. You don't even know if it had shots. On a better note, it is good to "see" you, sorry this happened, and I am hope Bifi will be fine-but a vet check is the best option. Please, don't be such a stranger, we miss you and Bifi!!
@dieMuttivonBifi

Thank you! Missed all of you too!!! Been going through some personal problems and have a new job so i hardly have the time to go online at all. Bifi is now doing ok. His wounds are healing and he is taking his antibiotics. He now being his playful self. The owner of the other dog doesn't wanna pay his vet bills so my neighbors and i are calling the police to force him to put a muzzle oh his dog. I hope he pays too but i dunno.

Thank you all for all the best wishes and prayers! Love and miss you all!

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

Actually i rather that he had bitten me so the dog would have to wear a red tag that signals him as a dangerous dog and the owner would be forced to pay full price to me and to the law. And it was so awful to watch your baby dangling at a mouth of a huge dog like a peace of meat and you can't do anything about it, during and after the bite :(.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Actually i rather that he had bitten me so the dog would have to wear a red tag that signals him as a dangerous dog and the owner would be forced to pay full price to me and to the law. And it was so awful to watch your baby dangling at a mouth of a huge dog like a peace of meat and you can't do anything about it, during and after the bite :(.

So very sad this happened to y'all :(

I'm 60 now but when I was 26 and married to my 1st husband,
we had Chows and a fight broke out that injured one so badly,
we had to put her down. I still can remember it all so vividly and
afterwards, my ex coming in the house, going straight to the bed
room and lying there, crying. It was just incredibly heartbreaking.
We too, could not break them up, just helpless as it proceeded to
it's terrible, horrible ending.

Bifi is healing (thank you, GOD) but seems you are still traumatized.
Continued prayers for you & loving hugs of comfort & understanding.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
So very sad this happened to y'all :(

I'm 60 now but when I was 26 and married to my 1st husband,
we had Chows and a fight broke out that injured one so badly,
we had to put her down. I still can remember it all so vividly and
afterwards, my ex coming in the house, going straight to the bed
room and lying there, crying. It was just incredibly heartbreaking.
We too, could not break them up, just helpless as it proceeded to
it's terrible, horrible ending.

Bifi is healing (thank you, GOD) but seems you are still traumatized.
Continued prayers for you & loving hugs of comfort & understanding.

So sorry to hear that Carol :(. That must have been heartbreaking.

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Get well quickly Bifi,
I was advised by a friend to carry a mini tin of deodorant in my pocket to spray at the attacking dogs eyes in case of a dog attack ,they did it after there dog was attacked ,in Australia I've seen a mini tin the size of a lip stick perfect size for a pocket :-)

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Get well quickly Bifi,
I was advised by a friend to carry a mini tin of deodorant in my pocket to spray at the attacking dogs eyes in case of a dog attack ,they did it after there dog was attacked ,in Australia I've seen a mini tin the size of a lip stick perfect size for a pocket :-)

Good advice! Thank you!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad that Bifi is ok, I do hope that horrible man does pay the vet bill for you and Bifi. Give Sweet Bifi a Hug and Kiss from Me and Elmo.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Get well quickly Bifi,

There is a citronella based spray you can buy that is non-toxic to the dog in the end, but will send them running because the hate the smell.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.