dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Bifi has been bitten AGAIN! And this time it took a toll on him. This is the fourth time! My friend and i went to walk the dogs and 5 mins later Bifi ran to this unknown dog and i immediately know the dog wasn't friendly so i held him back. As the other dog and the owner was walking by, they were already behind us, the other dog turned around, lunged and got Bifi on the face. OMG! i was screaming and holding Bifi on the other hand and clutching the other dog's throat on the other coz he won't let go of Bifi. and Bifi was just hanging in his mouth like a huge peice of meat! Other people came to help and was punching the other dog till it let go. I was shaking till we got home. It was horrible! I cleaned his face and his wounds. He got two puncture marks, and deep wide scratches on the face. his face is now swollen. He is now sleeping, a bit lethargic. This happened yesterday. The neighbors scolded the other dog's owner and told him he should muzzle his dog.
i don't know if you guys can see in the picture that his right face is swollen. And you can pretty much guess how big the other dog was from the puncture wounds he gave Bifi from the neck to his shoulder blade (second picture from the left).
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How's everyone by the way? :D

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
wow, I am so sorry I hope he heals quickly :(

All of these scary stories make me never want to leave the house with frank again. ugh

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
wow, I am so sorry I hope he heals quickly :(

All of these scary stories make me never want to leave the house with frank again. ugh

Thank you! This happened just outside our apartment building.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My GOD… what is it w/these dog attacks lately?!! I don't know what the laws are in Germany, but maybe you need to get a can of mace or something. I'm so sorry… your poor baby. I stopped going to the dog parks, and usually when I walk if I see another dog I'm on the HIGH alert. It's a real shame :(

Glad to see you back on here… how are things w/you otherwise?!!

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I hope everything is okay with your baby. Just check for puss pockets which can easily happen the next day after being bit from a dog. This happened to my dog one time and it ended up being a huge golf ball puss pocket. The vet had to drain it.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Nice to see you. Been missing your presence here. I believe it is the breed. I was at the beach a couple of times and a husky just tried to attack Harvey but not the others. So I think, it is the teeth, the breathing, no tail, that other breeds perceive to be threathening.

Poor Bifi, hope he doesn't change because he got attacked. We were at the bulldog meet in Long Beach last week. Now that was different because Harvey was with his own kind and all the bulldogs we met were very friendly and accepting.

Also, not sure if this is also because Bifi is intact. Anyway, nice to see you again my friend and hope to see more of you.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Man, I'm so sorry!! There must be crazy in the air. My friends and I all have recent aggressive dog/dog bite stories. Give that sweet baby lots of love!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wow! I can't believe how irresponsible people can be, I hope he heals up quickly. I haven't seen a picture of Bifi in forever, it's super good to see you again.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
This is a preventable tragedy, people KNOW if their dogs
will attack (or not), if so, then a muzzle must be on when
outside. I'm furious for you! Poor Bifi looks so sad :(

Did you get (or know them) their info? I would take him to
Vet at least sign of infection or continued lethargy and make
them pay for your bills. Would also turn them in to authorities.

Sending love & prayers for y'all <3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hey there.... been missing you!! Hoep he heals up quickly... sending positive thoughts and prayers

Please take Bifi to the vet, get the area thoroughly examined as it can very quickly become infected. Banks once punctured Nitschke's leg, we had no idea cause the wound was covered by fur... his leg swelled up and it was horrible. Our vet said it was good we found it and got him in as it could quickly have caused more issues

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Poor guy! I would also get him to the vet to get checked and get some antibiotics. Would hate for him to get an infection, especially in that area. So, so sorry!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
hey there.... been missing you!! Hoep he heals up quickly... sending positive thoughts and prayers

Please take Bifi to the vet, get the area thoroughly examined as it can very quickly become infected. Banks once punctured Nitschke's leg, we had no idea cause the wound was covered by fur... his leg swelled up and it was horrible. Our vet said it was good we found it and got him in as it could quickly have caused more issues

This was going to be my post exactly! Dog bite punctures can get infected so easily, and before you know it, it can get quite serious,because it starts below the surface, and by the time you can see it, it is deep. It is much better (and cheaper) to be safe than sorry. If you know who's dog it was, you can also sue them for the vet bills, and report this dog as dangerous. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of dog owners, who know their dog will bite/doesn't get along with other dogs, and they just don't care. If I were you, I would get them to pay bills, as you had witness-and also that dog could be dangerous to children,too. You don't even know if it had shots. On a better note, it is good to "see" you, sorry this happened, and I am hope Bifi will be fine-but a vet check is the best option. Please, don't be such a stranger, we miss you and Bifi!!
@dieMuttivonBifi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]. It would be better if he gets checked. You can also rinse the wounds daily with just warm water. Hope he gets better quickly without any complications.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry this happened to Bifi!! Did you ask the other dog's owner if the dog is all updated w/shots and did the owner offer to pay for any vet bills? I certainly hope he/she showed some remorse and is being cooperative. I agree w/the others...best to get Bifi checked out w/the vet.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] great to see you back - hope you and Bifi are fine apart from this horribly attack. Unless the other dog owner showed responsibility in the situation, I would report this to the police.

Poor poor Bifi. Taking him to the vet for a check up sounds like a good idea.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online