Rage syndrome

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
We think Chuck has it!! I was walking him and he was fine. Then his dad came home and I met him in a parking lot. He was fine for two seconds then went crazy. Going after his arm, his feet etc. he still wanted to hurt in elevator and in apartment ... His eyes go all red when he gets in mood.. Something clearly snaps

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Anyone else's bully do this or do I have serious problem? He wanted to attack him so bad. This is what happened last week with grandma, but unfortunately he went for her and she was only one with him.. Because he was so fixated on my. Bf, I was safe and able to prevent him from getting him.. Thank god I'm strong..

JohnnyR

May 11, 2014
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomez
I am not a dog expert but anytime you have a dog especially a larger breed that wants to attack a human I think its a very serious problem. I would recommend professional assistance dealing with your dogs aggression. Not only for others safety but for your dogs safety as well. A bulldog can seriously injure an adult and cause serious injuries if not worse to a child.

Good luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you want to get him to a behaviorist trainer... in your home to have him evaluated. Also have your vet check his thyroid

how old is Chuck? Neutered? What was your b/f doing when he approached you?

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
He's year and half,not neutered. we ( dog and I approached him. He was carrying our food. He was fine when we walked into building. As soon as we hit elevator Chuck lunged for back of shirt, then kept trying to go at him. Lasted 2-3 minutes. It's hard to get behaviourist cuz he's sweet 98% of time then he snaps. It's out of now where..

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's year and half,not neutered. we ( dog and I approached him. He was carrying our food. He was fine when we walked into building. As soon as we hit elevator Chuck lunged for back of shirt, then kept trying to go at him. Lasted 2-3 minutes. It's hard to get behaviourist cuz he's sweet 98% of time then he snaps. It's out of now where..

there are things the behaviorist will see that you may not .... it will not hurt to bring a trainer into the home for an evaluation. In the meantime, get a vet appointment and have the thyroid levels checked. A bad thyroid does casue sudden aggression -- this way you can rule it out if it is not the issue

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I wasn't sure what this was, so I found this video… on here it clearly shows the dog acting normal and then WHAM he's out of control. I really think this is something that a behaviorist could control you just need to find his triggers.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Seen that video.. What if he goes after me when I'm alone.? Thank god he was fixated on bf, so I was able to prevent attack.. He ignored me.. But if I'm alone? It was the same attack/ same aggression when he went after grandma...
But she was by herself.. He's not food aggressive do its not that at all.. He had no reason to attack like he does.. He's breed from South America and I think the a hole that sold us pup knew he was messed up.. He blamed give away to allergies.. We gave him the best we could but he can't be helped... It's so sad but he's breed wrong or something.. At least for the short time we had him he was not living constantly in harness, which unfortunately he was b4 us.. He has the bare marks to prove it..I'm sorry to all of you.. I'm greatly saddened too but we can't help the disturbingly unpredictable

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Ps.. That spatial in video was clearly coerced into being like that.. We never approached Chuck with a stick, and we could take food away from him without that much aggression.., his aggression totally random

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
At least for the short time we had him he was not living constantly in harness, which unfortunately he was b4 us.. He has the bare marks to prove it..I'm sorry to all of you.. I'm greatly saddened too but we can't help the disturbingly unpredictable

you said 'the short time you HAD him' can I ask where is he now?? I really hope you surrendered him to a rescue and did not put him down. it takes TIME with these guys. lots and lots of time. there is no overnight fix.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Seen that video.. What if he goes after me when I'm alone.? Thank god he was fixated on bf, so I was able to prevent attack.. He ignored me.. But if I'm alone? It was the same attack/ same aggression when he went after grandma...
But she was by herself.. He's not food aggressive do its not that at all.. He had no reason to attack like he does.. He's breed from South America and I think the a hole that sold us pup knew he was messed up.. He blamed give away to allergies.. We gave him the best we could but he can't be helped... It's so sad but he's breed wrong or something.. At least for the short time we had him he was not living constantly in harness, which unfortunately he was b4 us.. He has the bare marks to prove it..I'm sorry to all of you.. I'm greatly saddened too but we can't help the disturbingly unpredictable

I am seeing past tense being used.... i take it He is no longer with you? I hope you were able to surrender him to a rescue or someone that could work with him... these decisions are very difficult but you have to do what is best for you, your family and the dog.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
He's still here.. I'm working with someone on here to hopefully find him a good home...no rescue will take him.. And what if he does find a home and he has his issues.. Someone who isn't caring or doesn't forgive could hurt him badly.. Or he could be locked up or chained up.. It's about quality of life and he is sick.. He didn't even recognize his dad when he was raging.. Not one bit. He totally blacked out.. I really don't think that's normal bully behaviour...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.