What is the best cure for dry nose?

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Walley-Bubba's nose is a bit dry lately and could be better...any suggestions please?
DSCN0877.JPG

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use Aquaphor… it has the same consistency as vaseline, but it seems to help heal cracked skin faster. I take a warm washcloth and rub the dry skin off, then dry it and put on the ointment.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I use Aquaphor… it has the same consistency as vaseline, but it seems to help heal cracked skin faster. I take a warm washcloth and rub the dry skin off, then dry it and put on the ointment.

same here, it's magical stuff! :up:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Aquaphor, like Tracey said. Or we also use Natural Dog Snout Soother :) That face!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

^^^^^ yep!

I also use Mushers Secret... keep both in the house so I always have one available :)

OP
Starkie

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone.
I used warm water facecloth got the loose bits as said.
We only had Bliztex and it seems to have worked.
He didn't like the whole process and no doubt, he will get even with me soon enough.
But he still has love in his eyes for me, see :)
DSCN0881.JPG

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
All the product everyone listed above work well, just find the one you want to use, also Bert's Bees nose and pad lotion works well too.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Everyone above has given you great advice, and anyone of the products mentioned will work, as well as Vaseline, Berts Bees, or Coconut Oil. Bulldozers nose is also very dry often because of his allergies, and because of his jaw defect, he can't close his mouth, so he breathes through his mouth and causes dry nose as well.

OP
Starkie

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the helpful advice everyone.
Looks like WB and I will be driving The Awesome Powar over to PetCo, PetFoodExpress and PetSmart later this morning.
This little expedition will help kill the time while Molley-Maids clean the house.
Thanks again.

*edit* we got the Berts Bees...and a big ole antler since he was so good at the store (he's chomping it now and is very protective of it :) ).

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I attempt to use Coconut oil but its like crack to them do it mostly gets licked off..

I tried Coconut Oil with the same result so it is Aquaphor now. It's the go to stuff in our house for humans and dogs alike, great stuff.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Thanks everyone.
I used warm water facecloth got the loose bits as said.
We only had Bliztex and it seems to have worked.
He didn't like the whole process and no doubt, he will get even with me soon enough.
But he still has love in his eyes for me, see :)
View attachment 86817

yup, he knows not to bite the hand that feeds him.

OP
Starkie

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley Bubba is now doing great with:
a) a daily face cloth soaked in warm water wiping the folds and also his nose which is losing some of the scabbiness
b) Berts Bees
What blows me away is that he actually seems to like the warm face cloth and he is also less of a fight when it's time to apply the Berts Bees.
What an amazing change lately, he used to be really horrible before, playing hide-and-seek, snarling, roaring, jerking, being awful.
I guess he knows I'm only trying to help him be comfortable and I won't hurt him in any way.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.