Anyone have experience w/Mini Bulls? (EB/Pug mix)

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I just met this little sweetheart today and almost took him home ... but nervous not knowing about them. I did so much research about bullies before Chunk ... this throws a whole new breed into the mix!

fd3d224a.jpg

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Where did you find the pup? I haven't but [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] has a bully and pug and from what I have heard from her I think it may make a nice mix. Adorable pup, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
This is a cutie. I have a co-worker with an English/Frenchie mix and that combo is great. [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] does have both as well as [MENTION=1443]Emmitt E[/MENTION].

It isn't one of those "designer" breeds at a pet store is it? It is amazing on how the "designer" breeds are getting just as expensive as actual AKC bloodlines.

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
It isn't one of those "designer" breeds at a pet store is it? It is amazing on how the "designer" breeds are getting just as expensive as actual AKC bloodlines.

Yeah that is why I asked where you saw the pup because you just never want a pup from a pet store. They rarely come from a reputable breeder and yes over priced.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
They are calling him a "designer breed" but they new I really wanted an EB so they gave me a very fair price. Plus my parent's got a dog at this place too ... they say they aren't a "pet store". It's called breeder's association of america and they give a full lifetime guarantee, etc. My parents got their mini doxi there and she is great. I just intended to go in and look thinking the prices would scare me off ... after two hours with this little guy I was thinking twice about leaving without him!!! :eek: I think I would prefer a purebred EB ... I just don't know! We really don't need a puppy right now but sometimes I think it would be good for the Chunkster!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
That is one darling pup! I have never bought a pet store pet, but I have bought from a not too reputable breeder.... Mixed breeds are supposed to be healthier, and 2 dogs are better than 1!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Oh my word he is adorable! Seriously if you don't get him I might have to drive to Jersey and save him :heart:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION]. I've heard that about mixed breeds too and this place seems to be very good, all the pups smell so yummy and clean! After the good experience my parents had there, it's tempting!

Maybe I should post the videos too ...

LauraB

Feb 4, 2011
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
He is adorable, I don't see much Pug though. God makes puppies so adorable so we can't not love them. I could never go visit him and leave him either. Good luck but let us know, we'll celebrate with you!!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
When we were in the process of finding a bulldog we looked into both Mini's and Olde's. We really couldn't find enough info in the mini's or anyone at the time who had any.
We quickly ruled out Olde's because we wanted a smaller bully.
Then we found HRH and all searching came to an end. :luv:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1816]LauraB[/MENTION] I didn't think he looked much pug either. They also had a BostonBull (another "designer mix") who looked like ALL EB! In fact I noticed him when I was in the room playing with the lil mini bull dude. This is painful. See him in the middle with his paw on the glass? Awww
f459d31b.jpg

A couple videos for your viewing pleasure ... he's so fat he couldn't stay on his feet when he was running!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree i dont see pug in there either. No squishy face and the eyes arent pupping. lol. He is dang cute tho I have to say!!! If he is really a pug/eb mix then I would think it would be a great combination. My boys are very similar in how attached they are and they are both lap dogs for sure. My pug is more quirky than the bully but other than that in my case they are very similar. Maybe I am wrong but arent pugs bred into bulldogs way back to make them what they are today anyhow? Seems to me I remember reading that but I could be wrong.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]. Thanks so much for the info! I'm not an "impulse buyer" so I guess that's where my concerns come from. Especially after having done so much research on bullies (my husband has wanted one since he was about 4 years old, so we've been researching them since we got together in preparation for when we would have one!), I want to be sure I know all about pugs too so I can give them the best care. :)

I'm betting that this little sweetie will probably be gone when/if we go back today. This place is SO BUSY it's insane how fast pups are gone there. Hmmm. Guess we will see. I'm also nervous about how Chunk will feel with a little friend ... and all the training with a puppy ... eek! Plus Chunk isn't neutered sooo that could create issues too. Decisions, decisions.:confused:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online