Anyone have experience w/Mini Bulls? (EB/Pug mix)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
pugs do tend to have similar issues as bulldogs, health wise. Just make sure you have a good bully vet to check him out also if you do get lucky and he is there. They also have the genealogy tests so you can do it and find out what he is mixed with for sure. My fil did it with their pup cuz they were told he was a mix of things that was sooo far from the truth. They had to know what he was for sure. Only cost around 75 bucks I think if I remember correctly. Something to consider just so you do know in the end what he is, if you are interested anyhow.

How old is Chunk again? My Cutty wasnt neutered when we got Mugsy and they turned into best friends right away but Cutty was just under 1 year at the time also. I would think if Chunk likes other dogs he should be fine with another. Just have to make sure he knows you are the boss.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk is 2 ... will be 3 in May. He LOVES other dogs and does really well with my mom's mini doxi so he'd probably be really happy. We live in an apt complex, everyone walks their dogs behind our apt (it's a big open space) and he always cries to go out and play with them. I didn't know about the genealogy test, that's really cool! Def worth the money to be sure of their care. Thanks so much for all the info. Now I just have to decide if I'm up for the sleepless nights, teething and training!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He was just so cute in those videos!!!! I had heard of mini bulldogs but never realised that they are an EB/Pug mix .... interesting!!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I would be very careful. That looks likes very close to how the "puppy mill" Brokers sell the puppies... Yes he is very cute. I too didnt know a mini bulldog was a mixed breed....

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I agree with [MENTION=18]Pendragon[/MENTION] Looks puppy-millish to me too. Good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would never purchase from anyone other than the reputable breeder, but that is just me. I want to be able meet mom, or at least dad, and have a long lasting relationship with my breeder. Adorable puppy, but if people continue to give places like that their business the puppy mills will never stop. No reputable breeder would sell their dog to a shop, because they want to know where their 'grandpuppies' are going to. The place looks clean and well maintained, but who knows where this place's deep dark secrets are.

The pup is adorable, and I am not trying to change your mind at all, don't get me wrong. If this is your puppy soul mate than go for it :up: Go with what your heart tells you. :heart:

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
My pug and bulldog are very similar personality wise. They are both food crazy, do the pug-tona (that crazy running in circles thing), very clingy and touchy, very intune with my emotions. etc...I guess the only thing I can tell about Emmitt so far is that he's more laid back than Stu (the pug). Stu barks at the doorbell, the vacuum, and squirrels. Emmitt will bark for a second b/c Stu is doing it but then he thinks, "eh, this is stupid, why I am barking?" and he stops and walks away. Emmitt is such a laid back dude. But really, they are more similar than they are different.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
My pug and bulldog are very similar personality wise. They are both food crazy, do the pug-tona (that crazy running in circles thing), very clingy and touchy, very intune with my emotions. etc...I guess the only thing I can tell about Emmitt so far is that he's more laid back than Stu (the pug). Stu barks at the doorbell, the vacuum, and squirrels. Emmitt will bark for a second b/c Stu is doing it but then he thinks, "eh, this is stupid, why I am barking?" and he stops and walks away. Emmitt is such a laid back dude. But really, they are more similar than they are different.

OMG they are absolutely adorable!!!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I had the same thought ... and that is what has stopped me from purchasing. There is a part of me that just wants to scoop the little fella up and bring him home! If it's a puppy mill, then I would feel like I'm saving him. But I really DO want to know where my next pup comes from - just like you said. Want to meet Mom and Dad, the families, etc. Of course, I have a little NY/NJ attitude that makes me understand why some people would rather let a store sell their puppies - hell I don't even want to sell my CAR on my own. People are SCARY! In any case, we didn't go back yesterday so I'm sure his cute little self is gone. We aren't ready for a pup so it's all for the better, when we are ready I'll be looking for a breeder - maybe I'll even find one here on EBN. :up:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I'm just curious?? How much did this puppy store want for him? I'm happy to hear their puppies go quickly. There's a puppy store in my area that is retarded expensive!! And so the pups are there til they're half grown sometimes. It's sickening, that's why I just don't go in there at all. Another question?? Do pugs have tails like EBs? Or do they dock theirs'? His tail looked docked, didn't it?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I was thinking it did look docked also. No pugs have long tails that curl up when they are happy. [MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] your 2 are adorable together! And I agree they are more similar than different and the barking is the biggest difference for sure here too. Mugsy likes to try and protect us from the world (anything and everything) while Cutty never cared much about anything until Mugsy started rubbing off on him. He now just jumps in as Mugsy's back up. haha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online