Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience w/Mini Bulls? (EB/Pug mix)

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone have experience w/Mini Bulls? (EB/Pug mix)

@LauraB I didn't think he looked much pug either. They also had a BostonBull (another "designer mix") who looked like ALL EB! In fact I noticed him when I was in the room playing with the lil mini bull dude. This is painful. See him in the middle with his paw on the glass? Awww

A couple videos for your viewing pleasure ... he's so fat he couldn't stay on his feet when he was running!

You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I agree i dont see pug in there either. No squishy face and the eyes arent pupping. lol. He is dang cute tho I have to say!!! If he is really a pug/eb mix then I would think it would be a great combination. My boys are very similar in how attached they are and they are both lap dogs for sure. My pug is more quirky than the bully but other than that in my case they are very similar. Maybe I am wrong but arent pugs bred into bulldogs way back to make them what they are today anyhow? Seems to me I remember reading that but I could be wrong.

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn. Thanks so much for the info! I'm not an "impulse buyer" so I guess that's where my concerns come from. Especially after having done so much research on bullies (my husband has wanted one since he was about 4 years old, so we've been researching them since we got together in preparation for when we would have one!), I want to be sure I know all about pugs too so I can give them the best care.

I'm betting that this little sweetie will probably be gone when/if we go back today. This place is SO BUSY it's insane how fast pups are gone there. Hmmm. Guess we will see. I'm also nervous about how Chunk will feel with a little friend ... and all the training with a puppy ... eek! Plus Chunk isn't neutered sooo that could create issues too. Decisions, decisions.

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

pugs do tend to have similar issues as bulldogs, health wise. Just make sure you have a good bully vet to check him out also if you do get lucky and he is there. They also have the genealogy tests so you can do it and find out what he is mixed with for sure. My fil did it with their pup cuz they were told he was a mix of things that was sooo far from the truth. They had to know what he was for sure. Only cost around 75 bucks I think if I remember correctly. Something to consider just so you do know in the end what he is, if you are interested anyhow.

How old is Chunk again? My Cutty wasnt neutered when we got Mugsy and they turned into best friends right away but Cutty was just under 1 year at the time also. I would think if Chunk likes other dogs he should be fine with another. Just have to make sure he knows you are the boss.

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Chunk is 2 ... will be 3 in May. He LOVES other dogs and does really well with my mom's mini doxi so he'd probably be really happy. We live in an apt complex, everyone walks their dogs behind our apt (it's a big open space) and he always cries to go out and play with them. I didn't know about the genealogy test, that's really cool! Def worth the money to be sure of their care. Thanks so much for all the info. Now I just have to decide if I'm up for the sleepless nights, teething and training!

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I say go and see if he is there, that will be your answer.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

He was just so cute in those videos!!!! I had heard of mini bulldogs but never realised that they are an EB/Pug mix .... interesting!!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

I would be very careful. That looks likes very close to how the "puppy mill" Brokers sell the puppies... Yes he is very cute. I too didnt know a mini bulldog was a mixed breed....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

hes beautiful

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @Pendragon Looks puppy-millish to me too. Good luck!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would never purchase from anyone other than the reputable breeder, but that is just me. I want to be able meet mom, or at least dad, and have a long lasting relationship with my breeder. Adorable puppy, but if people continue to give places like that their business the puppy mills will never stop. No reputable breeder would sell their dog to a shop, because they want to know where their 'grandpuppies' are going to. The place looks clean and well maintained, but who knows where this place's deep dark secrets are.

The pup is adorable, and I am not trying to change your mind at all, don't get me wrong. If this is your puppy soul mate than go for it Go with what your heart tells you.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

My pug and bulldog are very similar personality wise. They are both food crazy, do the pug-tona (that crazy running in circles thing), very clingy and touchy, very intune with my emotions. etc...I guess the only thing I can tell about Emmitt so far is that he's more laid back than Stu (the pug). Stu barks at the doorbell, the vacuum, and squirrels. Emmitt will bark for a second b/c Stu is doing it but then he thinks, "eh, this is stupid, why I am barking?" and he stops and walks away. Emmitt is such a laid back dude. But really, they are more similar than they are different.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads