Sore nose rope

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
The past couple of days Ruby has been scratching her face along the carpet at first I though it was her ears that where irritating her she's recently been treated for an ear infection until I lifted her wrinkle above her nose and it's so sore poor thing we clean them out everyday with baby wipes and dry them as much she'l allow us as she hates having her ropes cleaned, does anyone have any suggestion as to what to use to help clear it up, I was thinking maybe abit of sudocream or something along them lines but wasn't to sure if that would irritate it

Thanks
Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor baby. Desitin works wonders for my boys.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use witch hazel on a cotton ball, and then the diaper cream or douxo pads (I get them on Amazon).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with others..... witch hazel on cotton pad and desitin or monkey butt paste

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, agree with all - I would wipe first with witch hazel, dry - then apply some destin or baby ointment. Use a Q-tip, its much easier application for in the ropes :)

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
and have a tasty, smelly treat at the ready to make it a better experience for her :)

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks every apologies for only just replying to your comments I've come down with the flu, which has turned my brain into a sieve I'd completely forgotten I'd written this post.....can I buy the destin off line or will I need to get this off my vet? [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You can get it on Amazon for example. It's diaper rash cream....healing thoughts for you both...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Like the others said, I too generally use a soft kleenex or cotton ball with some witch hazel. At one point, Tate's nose rope was infected and I had to use a Duoxo foam cleanser. Tate's nose rope is very deep and he accumulates a lot of dirt/grime there every day. It's like a belly button that attracts a lot of lint!

Hope Ruby's doing better :)

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks everyone - I ordered some destin off line which came this morning , so hopefully Ruby's nose rope will be on the road to recovery in no time [emoji3]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope you and your boy fell better soon. The Desitin should help.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Our vet cautioned us against Desitin because it contains zinc.
So we stopped using it although WB didn't grow two heads :) or orther ill-effects from it.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Our vet cautioned us against Desitin because it contains zinc.
So we stopped using it although WB didn't grow two heads :) or orther ill-effects from it.

its only dangerous if consumed in large amounts. but i know that with tyson, i put it in his folds, he can't reach them at all - and i dont use it anywhere else where he may lick it. so totally safe if used like this :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.