CRAZY smart!

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I'm no stranger to smart dogs...I grew up with herding dogs (Shetland sheepdogs) and we've owned and trained police k9s. I honestly wasn't expecting too much intelligence from a bulldog but WOW I was wrong. I've never had a dog that was so in tune to humans and seems to literally understand English. Belle is extremely smart...she watches every move we make and she is extremely intuitive. She can tell just by my body language if she's going to go with me somewhere or if she's going to stay home. A few minutes ago she went over to my husband who was sitting on the couch. She sat and stared at him. My husband was working on the computer but casually said, "You wanna play? Go find your rope and I'll tug with you." We watched in amazement as she looked around, spotted her rope toy under the dining room table, and went to get it. She brought it back to him and dropped it in front of him. We were amazed. I swear she's part human! I know bulldogs don't have the best reputation for trainability but I'm amazed at how smart this breed is!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=13734]OliviaB[/MENTION]...I believe Chubby is super smart...the only thing is he is also super stubborn...so bulldog's get a bad rap because it's not that they can't take direction....no no no.... it's that they don't want to take direction...so their stubbornness is mistaken for for untrainability...got to love our bullys...they always get their way♡ [emoji13] [emoji172] [emoji7]

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
@OliviaB...I believe Chubby is super smart...the only thing is he is also super stubborn...so bulldog's get a bad rap because it's not that they can't take direction....no no no.... it's that they don't want to take direction...so their stubbornness is mistaken for for untrainability...got to love our bullys...they always get their way♡ [emoji13] [emoji172] [emoji7]

I agree!! My bullies have been my smartest dogs! They sure know how to get their way! Belle sounds like such a great girl.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so cool, isn't it! I love when they show off their smarts --- they are decision makers, they think about what you are asking and decide if it is worth what you are offering ;)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I think their genius bc they are smart as hell when it benefits them, but if their not having it - the almighty stubborn comes out, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I kind of like the stubborn streak...I'm super stubborn myself so I can relate to her LOL

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have to agree... and i have also never experienced such an emotional, sensitive breed!! They really are so unique :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Yes, they so decide if your orders are worth following. Very selective on what to follow. Sounds like an employee with a very big ego.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.