Insurance question

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Timing couldn't be more perfect.

Just received an email from them- they've raised my premium to 80 per month for Blue.
Since they won't cover his allergies or hip dysplasia (due to a notation, not a diagnosis in his chart) there's no reason for me to keep them.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Timing couldn't be more perfect.

Just received an email from them- they've raised my premium to 80 per month for Blue.
Since they won't cover his allergies or hip dysplasia (due to a notation, not a diagnosis in his chart) there's no reason for me to keep them.

I don't blame you for dropping them.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I don't blame you for dropping them.

Oh, and just so you know- every single time something goes wrong with his skin, they consider it part of his allergies and won't pay.

He could get bitten by a wasp, have an allergic reaction, and they'll deny it even though the reaction was not caused by normal allergies. They just don't care.
We've had something similar happen.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh, and just so you know- every single time something goes wrong with his skin, they consider it part of his allergies and won't pay.

He could get bitten by a wasp, have an allergic reaction, and they'll deny it even though the reaction was not caused by normal allergies. They just don't care.

Wow. Guess we have been lucky then as they have covered everything so far.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

Yeah, I can believe that. Bella had a strange bump on her eye (maybe a bug bite) and then she had pink eye. Both of these separate claims are listed under the same condition. In my case, it's to my benefit because they're being covered. However, it would be a problem if they're denying everything under one broad umbrella. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I honestly can't believe everything that healthy paws has covered since I bought it for frank. frank had an extensive medical history by 4 months of age. after several thousand in vet bills I decided to cover him knowing he would probably have a lot of 'pre-existing conditions'. so far they have paid out on every single claim I've filed with them... there have been 6 since I started coverage. and they send these really sweet personalized emails after frank's vet visits. they ask how he is and always ask for a response from me to see how he's doing. the one I got after his 3 day hospital stay was especially nice. I know it's probably company policy that they do it for everyone, but they're working to show you that they really care, and it's nice!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We decided against pet insurance after looking into all the options. I just felt that I could save more efficiently instead of paying that money to a company. We have a separate account for the animals and money is deposited into it twice a month. I could also use our credit card if lord forbid we had a major emergency. We only have one credit card and we keep a zero balance on it...it's only for extreme emergencies.

:2thumbs:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
After Jackson and Angel's parvo hospitalizations and $4,000 dollars later I decided to get pet insurance. I researched it and found out the company I work for offers a 20% discount thru petfirst. 90% payout on everything, except preexisting conditions, which the only thing preexisting is Jackson's reaction to the rabies vaccine, and parvo for my pups. They even offer an add-on that will pay so much towards training classes, puppy shots, and a few other things. AND if one of my pups is lost or stolen they will pay out up to a $400 dollar reward for each of them.

Brandi your email is maxed out. Delete some. I have been trying to get you for weeks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online