blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Are EB's allergic to it? My pups has spots under his arms that are red and itchy.. I've been off and on treating it with Dr Maggie's anti itch, a anti biotic spray and sometimes coconut oil.. I put a good amount on the spots an hour ago, and no itching.. Thinking to just use that and hope he heals with the natural benefits... He is also on benedryl, one for breakfast and one for dinner.. Just worried about long term effects on his body having take it so much...thoughts

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Coconut oil is AWESOME. A lot of dog owners use it and I haven't heard of any dog being allergic to it. Belle has itchy skin so she gets it twice a day with her food. She also had a bug bite on her back that I treated with it and three days later it had healed. I love the stuff!

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Coconut oil is AWESOME. A lot of dog owners use it and I haven't heard of any dog being allergic to it. Belle has itchy skin so she gets it twice a day with her food. She also had a bug bite on her back that I treated with it and three days later it had healed. I love the stuff!
Ha he loves it too.. We now have a ball where the food comes out so he has to work for his kibble.. Maybe I can mix oil with soft food... Any thoughts on the benedryl daily??

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Ha he loves it too.. We now have a ball where the food comes out so he has to work for his kibble.. Maybe I can mix oil with soft food... Any thoughts on the benedryl daily??

Lots of dogs need benedryl for their allergies so I wouldn't worry about it...that's a pretty safe drug. If you can fix the allergies through diet that is ideal but I don't think daily benedryl will cause any problems.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Yes we are working on the diet thing.. He was on full royal canin, gastrointestinal, but after reading reviews & noticing his hair falling out, he's now on half that / half wholesome blend.. ,we also didn't like the unnatural ingredients in the canin.. We blindly gave him Dr. Maggie's skin and coat for his food, but after two times and him acting funny we realized there was soy bean in it.. We also bought crap load of treats, but seeing him itch heavily or lick the air, figured they weren't good for him either, so now we just give him kibble for treats.( as long as he gets some treat for good behaviour it doesn't matter if not fancy)..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sure can be.... just like humans a dog can be allergic to anything... remove it from the diet and see if there is any change

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online