Suckling?

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Does your pup suckle? Chuck will lay in his bed and suckle the side of it.. Even move his paws like he's kneading.. Is this common?
I knew a Boston terrier ( who was atleast 10) who would do this to a little football for hours.. Thought he was taken away from mum too early.. Thinking maybe same reason, or maybe it has to do with the snout? Or maybe just big babies..lol..

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Both of mine who are 4yo do suckle; Finn suckles his football and Tate will suckle a stuffy as he falls asleep. I always thought it was like a pacifier that babies use, not really sure how it relates to them being taken away from their mom too soon though...

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Both of mine who are 4yo do suckle; Finn suckles his football and Tate will suckle a stuffy as he falls asleep. I always thought it was like a pacifier that babies use, not really sure how it relates to them being taken away from their mom too soon though...
I just thought cuz maybe they didn't get weaned properly so they miss it and do it..it's cute as ever though. Just wish it didn't make his bed so wet.. Have u seen or heard of a long snouted dog doing this? Or is it just our flat face babies?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yup, tyson sucks his blankie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i think this is so precious.... none of my pups did/do, but many here have babies that do so.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Harvey is most definitely entertaining with that alligator. Im starting to believe he obviously thinks he is a gator instead of a bully. I love reading about him!

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Boo suckles the corner of all of her stuffed animals. Each an everyone of them have a point on them where she does this.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster suckles and kneads all the time, we had a pug that did it too. Its one of the cutest things ive ever seen.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I just thought cuz maybe they didn't get weaned properly so they miss it and do it..it's cute as ever though. Just wish it didn't make his bed so wet.. Have u seen or heard of a long snouted dog doing this? Or is it just our flat face babies?

I have had dobermans and Belgian Malanois who did that all their lives. They has a favorite stuffed toy that they picked out, and always used the particular toy.
My bullies destroyed all of the toy box full of stuffed toys-and they can not have any, as they would eat the stuffing-the other breeds never did .

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Harvey does this on his alligator countless minutes on end then will hump it afterwards.
Lol. So funny.. Mines opposite.. Humps bed then suckles..lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.