Vet Visit

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moses got his health check at the vet today and they said everything looks good :up: He weighed in at 16 pounds... I'm not sure what the normal weight is suppose to be at 10 weeks, but I suspect that he isn't underweight.

It caught me by surprise though how much attention a baby Bully draws in public... it really did catch my wife and I off guard. As soon as we get out of the car, some people walking out of the Sushi place stops us to look at him and ask questions, and it was almost like they wasn't going to let me pass... I had to tell them that I was late for his appointment to get by them. Once inside, a couple ladies spotted him walking by the clinic and came in and clamored all over him. I then noticed a lady delivering a bunch of papers to the clinic sneak a photo of him with her phone. Then Moe had a good time exploring the clinic.

We finally got called in to see the Doc... Winnie was first as they had to remove stitches from her surgery (spading), and while they were working on her, they were giggling at Moe because he had curled up and fell asleep snoring.

When it was Moe's turn he snapped into action because they had treats... he had no idea that he even received a shot because he was so focused on the treats.

When all was done, we couldn't just leave because all the clinic assistants wanted their picture taken with Moe. Moe and I didn't mind because they were cute, but I caught Peggy rolling her eyes. I made the mistake of calling him a Chick Magnet, and now Peggy doesn't want me to take him on outings without her :(

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So glad to hear that he's one healthy pup. Not sure what the average weight is, but Moe looks quite good for his size ... baby-fat and all:luv::up:.

lol. Yup, they're quite the attention getter, even from guys. So if I were you, I wouldn't let your wife take him out without you as well. ;):lol:

Last edited:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
:lol: That was the wrong thing to say..now I have to make sure hubby isn't off taking Belly to the park by himself :down: Glad Moe got a clean bill of health! Our Belly is a lightweight...we just got back from the vet this evening and she's 16 lbs at 12 weeks. Moe is just the cutest with all those wrinkles!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, 6 years later, from Duke's first vet visit and..........most people still love seeing him. Some are intimidated because of his size, but when he sits and gives them his full smile.......they all want to pet him.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
So glad everything is going great so far!!! They are people magnets period. I can't take Bear out anywhere without him getting all the attention, especially the vets because they announce a bulldog is there and all the techs and doctors come see him. You'd think people have never seen a bulldog before!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How fun! I missed out on the puppy attention since we got Cutty at 9 months BUT he sure draws people to him everywhere he goes now so I have a feeling you will just get used to his stardom. :)

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Great fist visit. And yes they are attention
getters. It worse than a new born baby.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Bulldogs just draw a crowd everywhere they go! It's more so when they're puppies, I think. But even around here, where there's no shortage of EBs they always get noticed. Between our gigantic Arrow and the girls, we can't go anywhere without the dogs getting plenty of attention!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Glad Moe's first vet visit was on a positive plane.
That's what I don't understand; Bullies are now #6 in popularity and you hardly ever see any and everyone acts like they have never seen one when you take them anywhere... Where ARE all these bullies that put them into 6th in popularity???

LauraB

Feb 4, 2011
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
You guys are so right! Why is it they draw everyone to them? I am glad, I am a single grandma in Ohio and it sure is fun to go meet people at the park when I walk her. You don't have to walk far or fast as people will come to you.

I miss the puppy days though. Lola is a lot of fun at one year but it was so special when I first got her. I guess it is like a newborn human. It is so fun to have this site, my first day and I am having all sorts of fun. Even figured out how to do the avatar. I am hip now!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Glad you had a great visit. I am not surprised you (or Moe is) getting all the attention. They are so darn cute and in Hawaii, being rare in in-frequent, he stands out. My son loves to take Bella out to the beach and to his wake board competitions, he gets all the girls hanging on him.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
never again will you be left looking for attention. Moe will attract attention wherever you go. Not even a simple disguise will throw off the gawkers. As long as you can handle the stardom without showing a bit of jealousy....you and Moe CAN have a healthy relationship.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Glad the appt went well! I found when Samson was a puppy he attracted everyone! While he still attracts alot of attention I feel like its normally more from men now that he is all grown up.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Yay for a good first vet visit! He really is such a handsome guy with that face so you can't blame everyone! Chunk gets SO much attention everywhere we go and he LOVES it! He loves people, dogs and even cats (although the one cat he was around didn't love him :lol:)! It's usually this silly tongue that gets the first looks. After a while you plan extra time in your errands. :up:

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Glad your visit went well! Hudson fell asleep at his first visit too!! It's nice that they get the positive attention because then they don't mind coming back. Hudson just runs in looking for the techs! He doesn't even want to get on the scale.

Bully pups just attract it all. Hudson believes that everyone in the world is outside to see him because that's the experience he had as a puppy. For the first weeks home, every time we'd go out, someone would come up to him squealing and pet him.

Hubby always says he and Hudson are gonna go out to pick up chicks. What can you do? They're both so adorable!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online