mmmmm coconut oil

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
On our wedding night we stayed at a motel with a whirlpool suite and " romance " package. Part of the package was chocolates on the nightstands. An assortment of four different types. There was one there that looked like a peanut butter cup and I really don't care for those much, so I gave it to Bruce. He jumped up and ran to the bathroom and spit it out shouting " it's poison, it's poison!". As it turned out it was a coconut cup not a peanut butter cup. I found it rather hilarious, him, not so much. So now he always tells people I tried to poison him on our wedding night.

LMAO .... :LMAO:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Its Poison Its Poison!! That is the funniest thing I've
heard in a longtime. Love it.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
interesting about these oils you all are talking about. i noticed Bullet is alittle dry and flakey after i comb him down....i will have to go read more on this in the other threads.

i do not like coconut but i love the smell. :ohmy:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I'm allergic to coconut. But the smell reminds me of going to the Dunes (on Lake Michigan) and the people would put sun screen on themselves that smelled liked coconut. (Ahhh, the memories).

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
UPDATE: so i have been feeding butler a tablespoon of coconut oil each night since the 4th. His flakiness is gone, and the fur on his head, neck and chest feels like velvet! his coat is shinier and i'm hoping that the coarser fur on his back will soften, since the finer fur already has! i can't believe it! i haven't had to put aquaphor on his nose either. i didn't think anything would happen inside of a month! he is also shedding 95% less than he was before.

I did buy him a new shampoo, it's made by oster, and it smells INCREDIBLE!!!! the scent lasts for days! it is supposed to help with shedding, and he has had only two baths since i started the coconut oil and this new shampoo. so these results may be a combination of both, but no matter what it is i am happy!!!! the shampoo is inexpensive and can be purchased at wal mart.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
It's been a while since I got the new (thicker, darker) Salmon oil, and they don't smell fishy at all. I will continue to keep the coconut oil on hand in case I need it sometime. The Salmon oil works so well, I'm going to continue using it.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
LOL!!! I was gonna add something ,but after reading all the posts I am just laughing so hard!!! Funny stuff!( I will get some of that coconut oil for Mocha):lol:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION]...Great that it is working for you. We were giving HRH Salmon oil but she seemed to be itching more when we did so we discontinued it. Maybe we should get some coconut oil to try.... as long as I don't have to eat it... yuck! :)

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
[MENTION=735]Kikiwhoa21[/MENTION], you live in arizona?! where? all us arizona peeps should meet up one of these days :)

Hey [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION]!! Yes ma'am i doo live in the hott ol AZ! I live in North Scottsdale.. How about yourself?? We should most deff have bully meet up! Especially before summer comes around && it get hott! :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] what brand of coconut oil did you get and where from. Also how much did you give Butler to start with??

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler

this is what i use. there are many different brands, so just make sure it is the extra virgin kind. it is solid at room temperature. for some reason i think that is really neat. lol.

i buy it at sprouts farmers market, but i was looking for an image online and i saw that they sell it all over the internet.

i did not know that you are supposed to ease them in to it (bad mommy:bust:) so straight away i started giving him a table spoon with his food. i just scoop it out and put it on top. he LOVES it and his mouth smells so good after he eats. lol. i can't believe how much better his skin and coat look and his nose, after just 20 days.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names

this is what i use. there are many different brands, so just make sure it is the extra virgin kind. it is solid at room temperature. for some reason i think that is really neat. lol.

i buy it at sprouts farmers market, but i was looking for an image online and i saw that they sell it all over the internet.

i did not know that you are supposed to ease them in to it (bad mommy:bust:) so straight away i started giving him a table spoon with his food. i just scoop it out and put it on top. he LOVES it and his mouth smells so good after he eats. lol. i can't believe how much better his skin and coat look and his nose, after just 20 days.

Thank you!!! I think I'll have a look for some!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.