mmmmm coconut oil

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
so i bought a jar of coconut oil today to put in butler's food in hopes of moisturizing his skin cause he is a little flaky right now.

i put some in his food and i've read some incredible things about it, so i am excited to see the results. butler loves it, and...

i'm a sucker for coconut anything so i am rubbing this oil on myself, eating it, sniffing it, putting it on my lips! i feel like a lunatic!:p

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it to put in his food? Let me know how it works and where to get it :up: I heard great things too but I always assumed you put it on them, not in them. I am probably such a moron!! Lol

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Please let me know also!!! georgia has gotten some yeast on her turkey neck and i heard from [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] that coconut oil works for that

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Curious to see if it works also! Belly gets the Grizzly Salmon Oil and has fish breath all the time :eek:

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
fish breath was my main motivation to use coconut oil. lol! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] you can feed it to them and apply it topically. i put some on his back before his bath to moisturize his skin. he kept smelling it and turning in circles trying to find and eat the smell.
[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] I haven't had any experience with yeast since Butler takes diflucan for his valley fever. i will let you all know how it helps his skin.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Hmmm.... I thought it was to put on them too. Back when Ida first got a red face, I got a jar of coconut oil (at Wal-Mart, believe it or not!), because I thought it was yeast. I haven't used it on her. Just have it on hand in case someone gets yeasty. I do the wild salmon oil, but the girls don't have fish breath. I thought they only smell like fish if you give codliver oil? Gosh, I hope this new (thicker, darker) salmon oil doesn't give them fish smell! :eek:

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I guess it's good for humans and dogs to eat. it has "medium chain fatty acids "that are supposed to be awesome for your heart and all your cells. blah blah blah, I'll have to post the articles here.:lol: I can't explain the science behind it. i just know both of us love it!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I REALLLLY,REALLLLY, REALLLLY, REALLLLY, dislike coconut.... jes saying... :LMAO:

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
hMM.. I would deff love to know if the coconut oil works wonders. I also give my bullies Salmon WhiteFish Oil which has made such an improvment on there skin! But after they're done eatin, they kinda have that yucky cerial smell from the oil. And I would imagine coconut would smell yummier then the salmon! lol! Keep us updated on it! :D

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], that's too bad because i bought you and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] a two hour massage with coconut oil in a coconut scented room with women wearing coconuts for tops. guess i'll just have to use it myself. :lol:

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=735]Kikiwhoa21[/MENTION], you live in arizona?! where? all us arizona peeps should meet up one of these days :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
On our wedding night we stayed at a motel with a whirlpool suite and " romance " package. Part of the package was chocolates on the nightstands. An assortment of four different types. There was one there that looked like a peanut butter cup and I really don't care for those much, so I gave it to Bruce. He jumped up and ran to the bathroom and spit it out shouting " it's poison, it's poison!". As it turned out it was a coconut cup not a peanut butter cup. I found it rather hilarious, him, not so much. So now he always tells people I tried to poison him on our wedding night.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
BTW.....I know they now say that coconut shampoo is a good way to prevent kids from getting head lice. I wonder if it could/would help with eliminating/treating the type of mites that cause mange?:idea::idea::idea:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.