What the heck happened!?

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Tonight we had just put the kids to bed and all of a sudden Belle started charging at high speed through the house. She was at a flat out run and had her antler in her mouth. She made at least three laps around the house and ran into things but kept running. As quickly as it started she flopped down on the couch and fell asleep. My husband and I just stared at each other like what the heck just happened?! Usually she's super lazy during this time of night. Does your bulldog randomly decide to run like that?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ah, yes,,,, the Bulldog spaz attack! some call it the night time zoomies

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Haha, I've never seen her run that fast and it just came out of nowhere! We've had tons of rain lately so I guess she had some extra energy to burn off :giggle:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Ty and Raven get like that. A side effect of bully cabin fever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, yes the bully Zoomies or the Spazzies. Common with bullies, mine do this all the time, and then get real lazy and sleep.

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Yes my Chumley does that also, we say Chumley is doing his laps but he takes the most arkward route under the dining room chairs around the coffee table out the back door , back in , and when it's been raining we have to move as fast as him to close the back door to slow him down so he doesn't slide out on the tiles lol

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Yep, this happens in our house. Mostly with Floyd. He just starts doing laps at 90mph taking out everything in his path. I'm scared of the destruction once he is full grown. Then he just flops down.

Vader The Bully

Mar 20, 2015
Chino Hills, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Darth Vader
Yes my Chumley does that also, we say Chumley is doing his laps but he takes the most arkward route under the dining room chairs around the coffee table out the back door , back in , and when it's been raining we have to move as fast as him to close the back door to slow him down so he doesn't slide out on the tiles lol

This sounds JUST like Vader! It's almost like he's mapped out an entire obstacle course for himself and is trying to beat his personal record!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Very familiar....Voitto just had one spazz attack yesterday outside where the sand is really fine....he likes to raise some dust... DSC_0294.JPG

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Had tons of rain here lately too. Frank has had so many zoomies lately... We have no choice but to back ourselves up against the wall and get out of the way! It's the funniest thing to watch.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
We call it "hyper drive":) They used to get those attacks more often when they were younger but it still happens sometimes, it's so funny, lol.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
and yes it usually seems like they have a total disregard for their bodies during zoomies. frank will clip the wall when he's taking a sharp turn, or bump into the coffee table, and it doesn't even slow him down. the first few times it was shocking and scary but he's always fine!

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
Yep! Effie is only 15 weeks, and we've noticed her doing this some evenings too. She makes laps around the ottoman and dining room table. It's pretty cute :) Startled us the 1st time she did it though! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online