When do english bulldogs reach full size and maturity?

essounny

Apr 20, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Paff
Hi everyone,

I've just adopted an english bulldog two months ago and he seems a bit thin for his age, he's 15 months old.
He's been fed raw food since his day of birth but now I give him Acana Regional kibbles (3 cups a day) plus some raw food,
but he still doesn't seem to be gaining weight at all. He weighs 50lb and he's very playful and full of energy and there's no sign of illness :D.
So I'm wondering if he's still gonna grow in thickness after his 15 months old? It's not just me most people who meet him at the park think he's still a puppy and guess that he's only a couple of months old.. :ashamed:

Thank you for your time. IMG_3139.jpgIMG_3149.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey there - based on your pics I think he looks great, he doesn't look thin to me. Looks like a nice toned bully :) he's beautiful - I wouldn't worry about packing pounds on him. You don't want them too heavy - it's easier on their legs & joints for them to slimmer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He's still filling out. Most here say they grow up until around two, but I know [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] said one of her boys was still growing at around 3.
But, I don't think he's thin either. In fact, he looks great.

I'm always "preaching" thin bullies are healthier bullies because like [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] said, it's easier on their joints and their breathing. Two of which are common issues in bulldogs. You really don't want to fatten him up too much. Whatever he was being fed, was working.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
What a beautiful boy! He looks like he is at a healthy weight to me. I agree with TyTysmom and nycbullymama but I also want to add that extra weight can cause stress on his heart too.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Don't be ashamed. Mine is almost 2 and tiny in comparison to most here. Bullies tend to grow up the first 2 years and then out between 2 and 3. Just remember bullies come in all shapes and sizes.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
What a great looking bully! He doesn't seem to have a ton of face folds or body wrinkles, so I would venture to say he's not going to be one of the larger, really stacked and thick bullies. He looks GREAT! what a handsome guy.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Hey there - based on your pics I think he looks great, he doesn't look thin to me. Looks like a nice toned bully :) he's beautiful - I wouldn't worry about packing pounds on him. You don't want them too heavy - it's easier on their legs & joints for them to slimmer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree! He looks great to me--very trim and healthy. That's how bullies are healthiest and they need all the help they can get to stay healthy. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You have been given great advice already and I agree he looks great. He will fill out in the second and third year, but has pretty much finished growing in height and weight.

OP
E

essounny

Apr 20, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Paff
Thank you guys for all of your responses. It was really helpful!!
Have a great day everyone

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
He looks just perfect. Raw food will make dogs grow slower and that is good, especially with bullies. My boy Usko was really mature at 3 years age and my boy Voitto(brindle in the pic) is 2,5 and I'm sure he is not fully mature yet. They both weight around 65lbsDSC_0228.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN! he is a great looking boy --- as others have stated, up the 1st year and out the second year

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
He looks just perfect. Raw food will make dogs grow slower and that is good, especially with bullies. My boy Usko was really mature at 3 years age and my boy Voitto(brindle in the pic) is 2,5 and I'm sure he is not fully mature yet. They both weight around 65lbsView attachment 86503

I'm totally coveting your dogs. They are GORGEOUS!!

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk is 6 and still acts like a puppy. Of course the only growing she does now is OUT !!! :excited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.