Environmental allergy

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
So u just found out my Rocco has allergies. :( (environmental ) 12 different things. we did the blood testing. grass is one all types of grass. Few trees weeds dust mites. Was wondering if anyone else is going through this? The vet said we can to shots. Not allergy i know those are not good they have starodis. I cant remember what she said,but i know she said it dont not have starodis. They are shots to get his body immune to what hes allergic to. Going to get more information tomorrow from the vet. in the mean time was wounding if anyone has any other suggestions. My poor baby

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So u just found out my Rocco has allergies. :( (environmental ) 12 different things. we did the blood testing. grass is one all types of grass. Few trees weeds dust mites. Was wondering if anyone else is going through this? The vet said we can to shots. Not allergy i know those are not good they have starodis. I cant remember what she said,but i know she said it dont not have starodis. They are shots to get his body immune to what hes allergic to. Going to get more information tomorrow from the vet. in the mean time was wounding if anyone has any other suggestions. My poor baby

Yep, one of mine gets immunotherapy for his allergies. But I decided to do the drops twice a day instead of the weekly shot. I just couldn't bring myself to do anything to him with a needle.

He's been on it for about 9 months and we're just now starting to see improvement. Yeah, it took that long. But his dermatologist said it could take up to a year. He still itches now and then, but nothing compared to what he used to be like and it's allergy season now. So I'm extremely happy with the changes.

Thing is, it's a life long commitment. If you decide to do the allergy shots/oral drops, you can never stop.. because if you do, the allergies come back.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Harlea has allergies to many things. We do our best to control it with diet and constant wipe downs.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola has environmental allergies or an autoimmune type disorder (like pemphigus, we can't tell). She is on a low dose of vanactyl-P, which is a steroid and anti-inflammatory in one. 1 pill per day keeps the itchies away. I believe it is called temaril P in the states.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep. Harlea has allergies to many things. We do our best to control it with diet and constant wipe downs.

We did the same with Banks.... the needles were just too much stress and drama for her that it was not worth it. it was more work for me, but we were able to control it with daily wiping (cool wash cloth), Benedryl and diet

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=11734]beckylu00[/MENTION]
Same here - tyson has them, we basically give him a baby wipe bath after each walk, with witch hazel, (we wipe paws, face, belly, legs) and do benadryl as needed. Also, a great natural option is honey! We do one tablespoon a day! It is imperative that the honey is local to you. Meaning from a local hive, only those have the allergens that affect him. If you buy any ol' honey from the grocery store won't work. So read labels, or look for your local farmers market. We have one here every Sat and they have fresh honey right from our town!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.