??? about chosing to have bullies shipped.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Just curious for those of you who have purchased from a breeded far away like @Telly03 did, why you chose to do it this way? I have heard before a lot of people have been scammed this way. Obviously if you are working with a well know breede,r than this probably isn't a concern. But I am just wonder what the advantages are and why you chose this over a more local breeder?

Last edited:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I don't think there is an advantage other than someone getting the bully they want that is too far away to drive to. Some people don't have a reputable breeder nearby either.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We did it because we found Princess Gracie in MO and we live in WI. The breeder arranged the shipping. Cost $250 to get her here by a company that specializes in transporting dogs. She arrived in a van. Her wardrobe must have been lost in shipping because we've been buying her new clothes ever since... LOL ;)

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
We had Bella shipped. I was really worried about it being a scam but I used paypal. I also found out who they use for their vet by trying to search them. I called the vet and was able to get great info on the type of breeder they are and get info on Bella's check-ups :D Bella did get really stressed from the ride. She took a week or so to snap out of it. She also got a cold from the trip that lasted forever. Lucky for us and her, she has great breathing and doesn't have narrow nostrils, so it didn't lead into anything serious.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] lost luggage always seems to be a problem when traveling. Poor Princess.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie and Ida were local, but when I used to breed another breed, I shipped all over the country and never had a bad experience. I wouldn't use the ground transfer companies, I've heard bad things about those. I always used Continental Airlines, who take very careful care of their live animal shipping. I would say, people ship when they can't drive to pick up a pup. If you know and trust the breeder, it doesn't seem to badly effect the puppy to have them shipped. We got Arrow shipped from a breeder in Ill. and he came bounding out of his crate like he'd only been in it 10 minutes!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Telly03 didnt have a choice, there were no local good breeders in Hawaii. I have never shipped a dog and would if I had to but thankfully here in Cali there are breeders to choose from.

Most Reactions