Dr jeckle mr Hyde

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He definitely growls but won't bite us when he has something we want.. We do take it away from him, despite the fight. Just so he knows it's ours not his and he gets it back after sit/stay.. He does get treats for good behaviour and knows where he has to sit when leaving building because he knows he gets treat..
We were thinking of muzzle because we don't know how he will be with other dogs and don't want an accident when we try to socialize him.. Also we are worried if we take him to leashed parks and ppl see his cuteness they may try and pet and he could bite out of playful/ excitement.. We don't want to get sued/ euthanize him cuz of his " love bites"
I bet his muzzle will be a fight alone to put on

I would say - work on his training in your own home first. Socializing is great with friends & family but I wouldn't go all out to the dog parks just yet. With your family & friends always keep him leash so you can quickly correct, then slowly introduce to dog parks, etc. BEST of luck to you! I'm excited to see how he does.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
We aren't going to dog park.. Just regular park where he will walk past people and fur babies. He seems to do well on leash and generally ignores people.. Going to be hard to get him with friends and family seeing as he bites the family... I've a friend with an older bulldog and a African razorback, so hoping they will be able to meet and be friends.. The dogs are very well behaved.. He came from a home with another bulldog, so we know he likes dogs.. Just don't know if we can trust him with small dogs in the family, who aren't trained to well and can be snappy.. One bite from him and pups will be hurt bad so we don't want to risk with little dogs

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
image.jpg

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
image.jpg. This was 1st day with him

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Oh my gosh, he's so handsome and looks like a sweetie.

how's everything going with him?

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Going good.. He has had any in counters with outsiders though.. He had two very small issues with agression towards us.. Think it part play/ part I want your food and don't like being told no..
He is a sweetie most of the time.. Just not when he tantrums.. ��

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
WHAT A HANDSOME BOY CHUCK IS. I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO WORK WITH CHUCK. THANK GOD HE WILL BE STAYING WITH YOU.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.