Dr jeckle mr Hyde

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
The behaviourist says he's in red zone.. Etc.. Contacted homeward bound. So here's hope.. Frig. I just want to work with him.. Not his fault he's bad boy

What did homeward bound say? Did you have to leave a message? You are right its not his fault, but its very admirable of you to do the right thing for him.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
The behaviourist says he's in red zone.. Etc.. Contacted homeward bound. So here's hope.. Frig. I just want to work with him.. Not his fault he's bad boy

He's not bad, just needs some work. As we all do :)

I'm glad you are going to make arrangements for him to go to rescue rather than putting him down. He will find a great home to work with him to his fullest potential.
Please let us know how it goes. We will worry about him and you.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
really really hoping for a positive outcome from this. please do the right thing and surrender this baby to a rescue!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Glad you are taking a stand for him and hopefully he will get the training he needs. I have an idea, ditch the boyfriend. Negativity will only make him act out worse, they feel that negative energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Thank u all.. Boyfriend got his head on straight and realized he loves him to much.. Going to work on him hard now.. Will be purchasing crate tomorrow! Thank u all.. Will keep u posted on his progress!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm in tears...please...if he acts out again and bf decides to put him down,
please...surrender him to a rescue, asap.

He deserves to live.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
I'm in tears...please...if he acts out again and bf decides to put him down,
please...surrender him to a rescue, asap.

He deserves to live.
Don't be sad my bf realizes that he deserves to live too... We are going to get him a crate so he feels safe & for time outs if need be, also a missile so we feel safer when we walk him.. Also will socialize him more when we have him muzzled and hopefully make him a happier dog.. He is definitely resource guarder when he has toys and such.. We know though that he is all growl and no bite( with Us anyways)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad you are not going to put these Precious Soul down, no dog deserves to have this done. Please continue to work with Chuck, do not let your BF say, he needs to be put down, Please do not let this happen to your Bulldog. There is always ways that can be worked out. My Elmo is aggressive toward our other dogs, I would never consider putting My Elmo Down. We are just keeping our other dogs away from him.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
I am so glad that your bf got his head out of his rear and you guys are going to work with your bully! Nothing compares to the love of an EB

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
My Ftse is a biter and not once have I ever thought of putting him down, that just is not on if your child bites do you put them down or teach them

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Don't be sad my bf realizes that he deserves to live too... We are going to get him a crate so he feels safe & for time outs if need be, also a missile so we feel safer when we walk him.. Also will socialize him more when we have him muzzled and hopefully make him a happier dog.. He is definitely resource guarder when he has toys and such.. We know though that he is all growl and no bite( with Us anyways)

I think alot of bulldog are guarders over their toys. Tyson is - we won't dare go near anything he has bc he will growl. We just learned that if its time to pick up something, we just distract him, and pick it up. If you are going to have him leashed when he's out, he doesnt need a muzzle - just get a good harness. If you do get get one, make sure he is able to breath properly with it on. I would just keep him on a short leash very close to you as you train him. Keep treats in your pocket for rewarding good behavior. Try a spray bottle with water if he acts out. Quick spray to the SIDE of his face. (not the front) - to the side. The most important thing I can stress to you is that you BOTH must have PATIENCE with him. He is learning. Just like a child would. He is going to test you, he is going to try and get his way. You're job is to correct him, and teach him good ways. Stern "NO BITE" over & over. Also when he does good "Good Boy" - I promise you that once its repetitive, he will learn. He will learn that a treat comes out of being good. It may take months, but keep up - the reward in the end is bigger than anything. He needs to be loved. He depends on you both for his well being. Keep in touch with us here, we can all help you along the way. We can give you tips that have worked for us. You can vent on the tough days. We're all rooting for sweet Chuck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Everything in this thread leads me to think you need a trainer to come in the home and help guide you on how to properly address his issues. if not done right, you can make it worse. Start by using 'nothing in life is free' and get a trainer -- it will make the training look easy and work better for you all

best of luck

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
He sees the trainer on Thursday.. I think he's a resource guarder.. Even down to his leash.. We are definitely going back to the basics.. I think he will be ok... Btw view him on my profile..��

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He sees the trainer on Thursday.. I think he's a resource guarder.. Even down to his leash.. We are definitely going back to the basics.. I think he will be ok... Btw view him on my profile..😍

AWESOME! keep us posted and make sure the trainer comes to your home at some point too... it is a big difference something with how they are at home than somewhere else. BEST OF LUCK!!

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
He definitely growls but won't bite us when he has something we want.. We do take it away from him, despite the fight. Just so he knows it's ours not his and he gets it back after sit/stay.. He does get treats for good behaviour and knows where he has to sit when leaving building because he knows he gets treat..
We were thinking of muzzle because we don't know how he will be with other dogs and don't want an accident when we try to socialize him.. Also we are worried if we take him to leashed parks and ppl see his cuteness they may try and pet and he could bite out of playful/ excitement.. We don't want to get sued/ euthanize him cuz of his " love bites"
I bet his muzzle will be a fight alone to put on

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.