Dr jeckle mr Hyde

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If your boyfriend is so quick to say "put him down", I would look for a rescue now.
Where in Canada are you? We can help you find a safe place for you him if it doesn't work out.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Did your Tyson have aggression issues? All the behaviourist are telling us to put him down

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
We are in Ontario.. Orillia/Barrie area

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
He knows sit, come. He will wait to get fed till our command.. He is leashed for walks, no crate. We can leash him, but we have no visitors.. I think he acts like brat and when he's told no he snaps.. Big baby

brutus is the same exact way. He's never bit anyone, but he hates being told no.
visitors or not, i would leash him.
He needs to know that you are the pack leader.
We would let Brutus roam the house with his leash/collar on but when he went to do something we would pick it up, make him sit and instead of "no" which our trainer told us was bad to use, we would use a grunting sound. To be honest, we were so used to saying no that we used a combination of both, grunting sound and No. So now he knows both.
Keep reinforcing what he already knows too.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Did your Tyson have aggression issues? All the behaviourist are telling us to put him down

UMMM...NO, those behaviorist are not worth a crap then. Sorry, but I've been in your situation before and there is hope. It's hard, very hard work, but if you love this dog, work with him!

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
He's a bitter!!!

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
UMMM...NO, those behaviorist are not worth a crap then. Sorry, but I've been in your situation before and there is hope. It's hard, very hard work, but if you love this dog, work with him!
That's what I think!!! We just have to work harder.. Will rescues take him if aggressive??

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He knows sit, come. He will wait to get fed till our command.. He is leashed for walks, no crate. We can leash him, but we have no visitors.. I think he acts like brat and when he's told no he snaps.. Big baby

If he knows all these commands, that means that he's def very trainable. Get a crate, and maybe crate him while you are not home. Once you get home, you train, together with your grandparents. Don't let him run the home, you need to show you are alpha. I've had Tyson for over 6 yrs, and he will still snap from time to time, and I have to quickly put him right back into his place! And this is after 6 yrs! Since you love him, and I know you do, I can tell.....please do whatever is BEST for HIM. If you feel like you can take the time to train, and work with him, great!!! But if you honestly feel like you don't have the time, or it may not be something you can control - then let us give you names for rescues.

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Yes I need names please... My boyfriend stubborn polish..lol. Versus the stubborn bulldog.. I want to work with him. Just unpredictable.. Need rescue names by tomorrow,. He will go to boarder till d day.. :(

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Yes, he absolutely had aggression issues. It took a long time for me to work out all his problems. He didnt' come from a loving home. I don't know what behaviorists you are working with - perhaps you shouldn't name them here... because they are sorry excuses. That should never be a resort for such a young age. You know... I never posted this here, but about a month 1/2 ago, Tyson was chewing on his paw, I reach over to look and see what was bugging him, he swung around and clamped down on my hand! He broke skin, left teeth marks, and I had a bruise & pain for month. Did he do it on purpose? No. I got in his space, and something was bugging him. I corrected him instantly, and he bowed down, and started licking my hand. It happens, they are animals. But we cannot be quick to end a life due to that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I think!!! We just have to work harder.. Will rescues take him if aggressive??

Yes, they absolutely will.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes I need names please... My boyfriend stubborn polish..lol. Versus the stubborn bulldog.. I want to work with him. Just unpredictable.. Need rescue names by tomorrow,. He will go to boarder till d day.. :(

Yes, moderators are working on getting you names. Thank you for letting us help you - vs putting him down. Its greatly appreciated. You are doing the right thing by going to a rescue.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@blitz

Ok, so in Ontario there's Homeward Bound Rescue. Here's a link to their surrender page How to Surrender

I'm also going to tag a few members that either live, or have lived in Ontario. Maybe they know of others @Vikinggirl [MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION]

OP
blitz

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
The behaviourist says he's in red zone.. Etc.. Contacted homeward bound. So here's hope.. Frig. I just want to work with him.. Not his fault he's bad boy

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=14062]blitz[/MENTION]

here's another one to contact- part of the bulldog club of central canada Rescue

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online