AKC - Limited Registration?

oldbaystyle

Feb 5, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So we Finally got our signed akc forms from our breeder. I have no idea what limited registration means...other than what it says on the form: that the dog cannot produce akc registered litters.

If you want limited registration, you have to shade a box. Not a big deal, but our breeder CUT OUT THE BOX SO WE COULD NOT SHADE IT!

IMG_20150418_191705.jpg

Shouldn't this be our choice? And she is spayed, so she is not producing anything. Just annoyed that after all we have been through with this breeder and our dog's health that she would do that. Any ideas why?

Duchess, however, does not seem to care either way.

IMG_20150418_191536.jpg

OP
O

oldbaystyle

Feb 5, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Woops. Meant to post this in general. Is there a way I can move it?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Most breeders will only sell on a limited contract unless you're purchasing a dog with the understanding to show.
They don't want you breeding dogs they think shouldn't be bred.

If they're a good breeder, one that breeds for the betterment of a specific breed, and tries to eliminate certain traits from their lines, I think they have every right to say which of their dogs can and can not breed.

OP
O

oldbaystyle

Feb 5, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] I totally get why they would want to restrict breeding, but what she did seems to be the opposite. We have no box to shade to select limited registration...unless a cut out box is the same as shading it? Maybe I am just too tired to understand lol!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama I totally get why they would want to restrict breeding, but what she did seems to be the opposite. We have no box to shade to select limited registration...unless a cut out box is the same as shading it? Maybe I am just too tired to understand lol!

Oh.. hmm.. weird... my bad..
Did the breeder give you a # with your paperwork? You can register online, that's how we did it. Much faster than sending in the paperwork. Also, when doing online, it shows whether you have full or limited registration.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] most reputable breeders will sell their pet pups with limited registration, and never full registration, but I don't know why thy cut that part out, usually they will shade that in before they send it to you, or they will register them for you as limited. We always sell our pet pus with a limited registration.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@nycbullymama I totally get why they would want to restrict breeding, but what she did seems to be the opposite. We have no box to shade to select limited registration...unless a cut out box is the same as shading it? Maybe I am just too tired to understand lol!

the whole intent is for you to have limited registration. The breeder often charges a premium to give you full breeding rights. If the understanding and the pricing is for the animal to be sold only at a pet level, no breeding rights are granted, hence limited registration. The fact that he cut out the numbers, gives you no chance to register with breeding rights. That is not unusual. The cutting part is to ensure that you do not see the 3 or 4 digit information to register the dog with full rights.

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Just finished registering Bruno here's his registration form. if you have the code that's in the box they can't limit the registration. By cutting it out there's no way you know what the number was or is.

8693657b1c41a65cd238b2aa4159f37c_zps9atyul0f.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.