Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
This is interesting to me. Bella very much fits the breed standard. It's kinda freaky. She's very stubborn and adoring of people. She snores, slobbers, and drools after drinking water. She's bossy and would love the opportunity to take over the house. (She challenged me a lot as a young puppy.) I'd say she's brave also. She hasn't been intimidated by any dogs or people we've met.

It takes a lot to get there, but when she's done walking, she's done. I had to carry her out of the Pet Expo a month or so ago...all 30 pounds of her. She plopped down on the ground and wouldn't budge. That was not fun.

Whats your bully like?

English Bulldog Information and Pictures

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I find it funny when people try to make up lists of the "standards" - yes I know they are useful for official shows etc - but my bulldogs are like kids. They're all different and lovable for their own traits.
Bocephus is taller than some bulldogs but has a humongous head and his body is growing into it - he'll be two in September.
Tank is my little peanut and probably more of what people would expect but his eyes are really droopy.
They both drool, fart and are afraid of random things - the hose for Tank and the blender for Bocephus.
Neither of them like the garbage cans being outside and will bark at them for hours.

dogfather

Apr 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster & Princess Elsa
Yes he does fit the breed standard to a T!

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Lola is as stubborn as they come, she drools, slobbers, farts and snores. She usually has all her teeth out and her tongue comes out whenever she sleeps or gets really tired. She goes for walks daily but would much prefer to sit on the trail and have people admire her. Floyd is less stubborn and not quite as messy but has definitely started to snore. He trots along on his walks and he could go forever without getting tired. They both love to be with their humans. They need to be touching us always and follow us wherever we go from room to room. They play hard when they do ( they are both young still) but spend a large portion of the day sleeping or basking in the sunshine. Oh and they can Major OCD and can't handle if anything changes or is out of place in the house.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes he does fit the breed standard to a T!

Looks like a bit of Angelina Jolie somewhere in the family tree-the lips?:ponder: [MENTION=14047]dogfather[/MENTION]

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle is exactly what we expected to get in a bulldog. She's extremely lazy and laid back. She's a big clown and is constantly making us laugh...her expressions are hilarious. She doesn't really have gas anymore since we give her yogurt but she does snore like a grown man. We haven't had any issues with keeping her wrinkles clean or anything although she does seem to be fairly allergic to things. She LOVES people...especially kids. She's very much a companion dog and is happy doing anything as long as she's with us :)

Most Reactions