FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Hi guys..hope everyone is well........have a question about Forde......what is an average amount of potty trips an english bulldog of almost 6 should be taking.......He :w00t: use to make about 4 trips a day outside....but for the last while he goes out first thing in the morning at 7, pees and sometimes poops......then is usually is good until about 5:30.....and then he starts....last night in 3 hours he went out 3 times peeing and pooping each time, my son says this is just not normal.....so I need opinions....nothing has changed with him same food, everything......he acts fine etc....just curious of what you think......I do know that he has developed a love for going out and sniffing every blade of grass in the yard lol, so I'm wondering if he just wants to go out to play and then decides to potty.....:)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hmm.. Tyson is 9, he goes out twice. In morning around 7am, then again when we get home around 5:30 (similar to you) and sometimes a quick pee in backyard if we're outside - could he possibly have an upset tummy? If he was just peeing alot more than normal, I would check for a UTI, but he's doing both so hmmm. Is he drinking more than usual?

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi...no, hes not drinking any more than usual.......just cant figure it out....thanks :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
hi...no, hes not drinking any more than usual.......just cant figure it out....thanks :)

It's possible he may have had an upset tummy like us. I wouldn't worry much just yet. Perhaps give it a few more days, monitor and see if he goes back to normal.... I love your avatar. That side profile - :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My boys do not have a set potty schedule other than upon wakening in the morning and before bed time at night. I let them out any time they go by the back door. Sometimes they potty and other times they play. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

dogfather

Apr 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster & Princess Elsa
Same here...6 times seems excessive for one day, maybe it's a ploy to get more treats! :yes:

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
It's possible he may have had an upset tummy like us. I wouldn't worry much just yet. Perhaps give it a few more days, monitor and see if he goes back to normal.... I love your avatar. That side profile - :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My guys sleep most of the day so night is most of their potty time too

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle is almost 1 year and she goes out about 3-4 times a day. She'll go first thing in the AM and pee and poop (about 6:00 AM) and then she goes out again around lunchtime. Her final trip out is after dinner before bed. She likes to pretend that she needs out more often but she really just wants to play and sniff the yard :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.