Pitbull/ Boxer MIX?!?! Is that what Achilles looks likes?

osiris20025

Feb 9, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
So I was walking Achilles yesterday and we came across a really nice lady who approached us wanting to pet Achilles. She never asked what kind of dog he was so as she walked away she kept talking on the phone and said " I just saw a really cute puppy I think he was SOME KIND of pitbull or boxer mix" REALLY?! :ohmy: Does Achilles really look like a boxer or pitbull mix?

IMG_0893.jpg

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Not at all. LOL. He looks like an angel.

Get used to it though. Ruthie and brutus get called everything, french bulldogs, pitbulls, boxers, pigs...LOL. They've been called everything except english bulldogs.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't forget-there are many non dog people who think they know it all! There are many people who just always HAVE to say something-right or wrong! Just smile and go on your way and then say A$$-ole under your breath!!! If you take it all to heart you will be:chapped::pissed::bitching::yell:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ya can't cure stupid! Just smile and nod.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Not at all. LOL. He looks like an angel.

Get used to it though. Ruthie and brutus get called everything, french bulldogs, pitbulls, boxers, pigs...LOL. They've been called everything except english bulldogs.

LOL! Pigs? Wow.

I got "Pit Bull" once, but mostly people ask if she's a French or English Bulldog. She looks nothing like a Frenchie, but whatever...

Your sweet pup looks like a beautiful English Bulldog and nothing else.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG that face... those EARS!! :heart: :heart: I LOVE him ..... he is all Bulldog!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Haha... not even a little. He looks just like a bully, goes to show how clueless people are - he is just stinkin' adorable.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So I was walking Achilles yesterday and we came across a really nice lady who approached us wanting to pet Achilles. She never asked what kind of dog he was so as she walked away she kept talking on the phone and said " I just saw a really cute puppy I think he was SOME KIND of pitbull or boxer mix" REALLY?! :ohmy: Does Achilles really look like a boxer or pitbull mix?

View attachment 86204

not even a little bit. he's all bulldog. she was just clueless.

SeattleRadChick

Jul 22, 2014
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor
A lot of people think English Bulldogs look a certain way and that is it. Like a lab. A lab looks like a lab looks like a lab. But bullies have so much variety built into the breed that I don't think most people "get it". Some are tall, some are short. Some are thin, some are chunky. Some have a lot of extra skin and folds, some don't. What I DO know....is that you have one handsome baby!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
He is all bulldog. They go through an ackword time while they are growing where they look a little strange because bullies grow up the first year and out the second year. People that aren't familiar with the breed have no idea how it grows. Both of my girls have the same mom and dad but are not litter mates and they both look different; Amber is short and chubby with lots of wrinkles and Ruby is leaner and muscular with lots of wrinkles. Just ignor those folks that have no clue. He is a beautiful bully!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, he is all English. get used to it, people get them mixed up all the time, especially when he gets a little older and goes through the "lanky" stage and looks like a boxer, then after the first year he ill start to fill out and take on the English look again.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
If people are genuinely nice but clueless, don't get offended, they just do not know.

One guy called Harvey a pitbull the other day so go figure.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
I get asked all the time if Floyd is a boxer, when Lola was smaller I use to get asked if she was a boxer, and once I was asked if they were pitbulls. I think their are similarities of boxers to bulldogs when the bullies are young or not super wrinkly. Mine aren't super wrinkly. Lola has a boxer friend, they look a little bit alike.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I had a man try to buy my "boxer guard dog" when Penny was a baby. I laughed, but he was serious...lol As long as I don't get nasty comments or questions people can call my munchkins turkeys if they want to! Haha

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
He's adorable, what a face!. And get used to it...people call Ruckus a pit bull all the time. I've had more than one person tell me pits have locking jaws after seeing me trying to bribe ruckus to put down the tree branches he likes to pick up after rain storms.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online