Bo is probably getting a new boat!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Hi friends!! We are getting ready to buy a pontoon boat in the next few weeks. I wanted to know what advice you ebd lovin' boat owners have for keeping your babies safe?? It would be so convenient if we could take Bo along with us. He will not be on the boat without life jacket but I was curious about how effective they are for bullies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Ohhh i am so jealous!!! Congrats!
My parents used to have a pontoon boat, something about em that makes them SO fun!

I don't have any advice or experience, but maybe you'd want to think about putting in a tether (or even a seatbelt?) to make sure he can't jump ship.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I'm literally on the verge of just not letting him be on it. I absolutely can not imagine something happening to him while we were on a boat, in the middle of a deep lake. It just makes me sick.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am going to be following this closely. I would love to take my guys on the boat, but I am so afraid of them overheating or drowning. We can keep them in the cabin in the air conditioning but I think that would defeat the purpose of bringing them.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I am going to be following this closely. I would love to take my guys on the boat, but I am so afraid of them overheating or drowning. We can keep them in the cabin in the air conditioning but I think that would defeat the purpose of bringing them.

Oh boy-- you and I are on the same page. I feel the exact same way! I hate to leave him in the cabin by himself :((

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh boy-- you and I are on the same page. I feel the exact same way! I hate to leave him in the cabin by himself :((

We took Frankie for a quick cruise one night and he loved it. We are always on the boat all summer and we usually will spend long weekends on it so I really have to figure this out. leaving them home every weekend isn't good. I miss them.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
We took Frankie for a quick cruise one night and he loved it. We are always on the boat all summer and we usually will spend long weekends on it so I really have to figure this out. leaving them home every weekend isn't good. I miss them.

:)) I know Bocephus would just love it! We are the same on the time spent on the lake... All summer and long weekends. We are rarely on the lake once the sun goes down, which is probably the best time for him.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:)) I know Bocephus would just love it! We are the same on the time spent on the lake... All summer and long weekends. We are rarely on the lake once the sun goes down, which is probably the best time for him.

We will usually go to Fire Island on Friday and stay until Sunday or Monday and everyone has their dogs. I get so jealous. I think I am going to bite the bullet and try a day trip with them first and see how they do and then maybe go from there. If it is horrible for them, the kids have a small boat that they can take them back home in.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
We will usually go to Fire Island on Friday and stay until Sunday or Monday and everyone has their dogs. I get so jealous. I think I am going to bite the bullet and try a day trip with them first and see how they do and then maybe go from there. If it is horrible for them, the kids have a small boat that they can take them back home in.

Good call!! Let me know how it goes!

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am also interested to see how this goes. I never know if I am being too paranoid about frank overheating. He is also not full EB. We think he has some beagle in him too. He seems to not mind water but he doesn't love it.

That said... I would LOVE to take him kayaking with me. It's always been a dream to have my dog on the lake with me, but I'm just not sure if a bulldog is the right dog for that activity... hmm

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank is EB/AB but he has a tiny tiny airway. I am just going to try it otherwise I will never know. I have a tent he can stay under when we are on the beach and I guess I can try to keep him wet.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=5774]Bo'sMamaGirl[/MENTION]
attachment.php
Here is a photo of one I posted. It is made by outward Hound, and it has the extra piece to hold their head up. The time I saw it, the price was $28.95. I don't get to go anywhere, but if we went near the water-I would definitely use this one! It was on petmountain

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
[MENTION=5774]Bo'sMamaGirl[/MENTION]
attachment.php
Here is a photo of one I posted. It is made by outward Hound, and it has the extra piece to hold their head up. The time I saw it, the price was $28.95. I don't get to go anywhere, but if we went near the water-I would definitely use this one! It was on petmountain

Thanks for the photo!! I definitely think he needs one to hold his heavy head up!!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hi friends!! We are getting ready to buy a pontoon boat in the next few weeks. I wanted to know what advice you ebd lovin' boat owners have for keeping your babies safe?? It would be so convenient if we could take Bo along with us. He will not be on the boat without life jacket but I was curious about how effective they are for bullies.

Bo is ony lucky boy. No problem just put a lifejacket on him. He will be safe even if he falls in the water. Will probably enjoy the cool assisted swim as well.

:happy2::haha:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.