Lumbaral sacral degenerative disease

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I know it's not easy, but you're doing a wonderful job with her.

Prayers and Positive thoughts coming your way.

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
image.jpgI thought I would share her radiograph pic. She's still at bit clumsy and tires kind of easy,but she's kicking butt. Thanks for the positive energy.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
View attachment 86635I thought I would share her radiograph pic. She's still at bit clumsy and tires kind of easy,but she's kicking butt. Thanks for the positive energy.

..sigh..

Did you get her from a breeder? If so, did you let them know what's going on?

One of mine has mild hip dysplasia that's gonna get worse the older he gets. We don't know yet if he's going to show symptoms or not.
The other has it worse but only on one side. Yesterday was an active day for him and I saw him limp for the first time. He was back to normal in minutes but I see it starting.

It's way too common in bulldogs. If your breeder knows, and they're responsible, they'll take the proper steps never to breed the dam, sire or both.

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Lulu comes to us from a rescue. They tell us her previous owner bought her at at a pet store. Puppy mill baby. She's about seven years old now and This is what happens when the bad breeding catches up with them.

Our first little girl came to us when she was abandoned at the vet office where I worked. She had to be emergency spayed. She came in overdue for her c section. The pups were dead and impacted inside her. The breeder walked away saying "well. She don't make me money. She was three and a half and was with us almost five years. She had a collapsing larynx and we lost her to liver failure from the steroids that helped her breathe.

Our second little girl came from a rescue. We brought her home with the last of her antibiotics from an upper respiratory infection. We discovered she also had a hole in the roof of her mouth the size of a quarter. Cleft palate. We lost her a year and six days later to accute renal failure. She was six or seven years old.

Our third girl was a big girl at fifty five pounds. She came to us at eleven years. Old and set in her ways she got bounced from foster to foster. She had KCS. (Eye drops) Lost her at fourteen to heart failure.

We only take in rescues. My point is there's always someone who breeds irresponsibly or fails to be able to meet the needs of a bulldog. I'm asking people to make informed discisions and be responsible. Please don't breed just because your dog is cute.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I'm so sorry to hear about Lulu's health issues! You are such excellent parents! ​I really admire you for taking in these rescues and providing them with the best medical care. There is a special place in heaven for you! Sending positive thoughts your way.

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
She's pretty weak today. It could be due to so many things. We had a vet appointment for follow on ears and the lumbaral sacral issue. She got pretty upset at another dog in the lobby and that mighta wore her down some. she's been on a lot of antibiotics and her Pred is reduced to every other day. Anyway, she can't walk more than few step before crashing. My husband has her wheelchair almost finished n

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's pretty weak today. It could be due to so many things. We had a vet appointment for follow on ears and the lumbaral sacral issue. She got pretty upset at another dog in the lobby and that mighta wore her down some. she's been on a lot of antibiotics and her Pred is reduced to every other day. Anyway, she can't walk more than few step before crashing. My husband has her wheelchair almost finished n

sending lots of prayers to you all :hug:

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
She has lost so much ground since my last post. My husband had to add front wheels to the chair, but she's too weak to stay up for long. Fortunately, she is still alert, eating and can go potty when carried out and supported. We devised a sling to get her out and once she gets her feet under her, she drags us about a hundred feet.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
You are saints. I am so sorry, poor girl. Thank goodness she has you to look after her.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What Wonderful Parents you are to this Precious Soul, You will be Blessed for Helping her and Loving her so much. Lulu is one Lucky Little Girl to have the Love and Support she has from such Great Parents. God Bless all Of You, and I will Pray for Lulu.

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
I can barely type this. After a visit with a neurologist this morning, she was assisted over the bridge. We kissed her , held her and fed her treats until the end. It would have been eight months tomorrow since we brought her home.

- - - Updated - - -

I can barely type this. After a visit with a neurologist this morning, she was assisted over the bridge. We kissed her , held her and fed her treats until the end. It would have been eight months tomorrow since we brought her home.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

- - - Updated - - -

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am praying for you & for your family. Rest easy knowing you did everything for her, and the last eight months of her life were filled with love - the love she deserved. We will all be reunited with our babies one day. Until then, they watch over us from above, pain free. I bet she's running around pain free, wheels free, and happy. While its hard for us here, remember the good times. Bless you & your husband for giving her the very best. Sending lots of hugs from me & Tyson.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Lulu is now at peace, in fact, she's running and playing and so happy there at the Rainbow Bridge :angelheart:. I know this must be so very hard for you and your family.

Thanku for giving her a life full of unconditional love.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.