Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Beach Day Essentials!

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I am just so afraid they will overheat. Do you think if I keep them wet, they will be ok??
    Just watch them! Til has been to the beach tons of times. We keep her in the shade, with plenty of water, and we let her splash a bit in the ocean or lake to cool down! We also will get her life jacket wet so it will be cold on her body. We even have cooling vests that act the same way - get them wet, they stay cold for hours. You can tell if your pup starts getting too hot. Just be cautious and don't let them run around in the sun too long

2. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

When the pool opens we have to cover their heads in waterbabies sun screen. It works. If they are not in the pool, in their pool its shade and back inside. Be careful because the boys lie. They like to get wet then bake in the sun. They would stay out all day and bake. We use a food timer because we are old and been known to forget. One twist of the chicken timer equals one hour. Ralphie

4. Likes dolphin liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We use life jackets. In fact, we're looking for new ones now.

@brutus77 and @2BullyMama Blue adores the water and spends most of his time in it. He does fine. Only pants now and then if he's out of it for too long.
    You guys saw the picture of him lounging out in Key West and he was not panting. That was also last August so it was hot. Trick is to keep them in the water most of the time, and when they're out, get them to a shaded area.

BUT- I wouldn't take them out for a full day on the beach either, and I would first test it. Spend like 10-15 minutes around a body of water in the heat and see how they do.

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Kevikell liked this post
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    We use life jackets. In fact, we're looking for new ones now.

@brutus77 and @2BullyMama Blue adores the water and spends most of his time in it. He does fine. Only pants now and then if he's out of it for too long.
    You guys saw the picture of him lounging out in Key West and he was not panting. That was also last August so it was hot. Trick is to keep them in the water most of the time, and when they're out, get them to a shaded area.

BUT- I wouldn't take them out for a full day on the beach either, and I would first test it. Spend like 10-15 minutes around a body of water in the heat and see how they do.
    Our life jacket is from Petsmart's Martha Stewart line! It is so cute and it has the neck pillow feature - something I always look for so if they get in too deep at least it'll keep their heads up!

8. Likes dolphin liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads