brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus has not been acting right for the last few days. He seemed very restless, walking around at night instead of relaxing. Well, I was out yesterday and when I got home in the afternoon, Brutus seemed like he was coughing a lot. He went and got a drink of water but it didn't seem to help his cough. All of a sudden he throws up a little food, and a giant piece of Frankies crate cover!!! :fie: Total panic!!! I cannot believe he threw it up considering the size of it. He spit up a tiny bit again last night, but hopefully it is all out now. I swear I need eyes all over my body with him!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my gosh! Brutus is a lucky bully not sure about Mom ;(

Hoping that boy stops this nonsense asap and sending warm
hugs to you dear Rosalie. Keeping you in thoughts & prayers!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh Brutus... I swear, after our socks incident, I cleaned house. I am OCD to begin with no matter what, but it went into overdrive after that. I picked up, moved, and threw out every single thing Tyson could reach or get too. I live in panic mode now with that, if something falls from someone's hand or counter, I sweep in like ninja to pick it up. It's sad... but hey... it is what it is.

I'm so happy to hear he threw it up! I can't even fathom how on earth they swallow these things?!? I hope he's gotten it all out and starts to feel better! Hugs.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow. Hope he starts to feel better. I caught my little sock monster about a month ago with half of one of my son's socks that he left lying around. Grrr... Two weeks later she puked up that half so I thought was all well and good. Nope. Last week she puked up another full sock of his I never knew she got a hold of. These little devils just love to chomp on everything and anything they can fit in their mouths.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wow. Hope he starts to feel better. I caught my little sock monster about a month ago with half of one of my son's socks that he left lying around. Grrr... Two weeks later she puked up that half so I thought was all well and good. Nope. Last week she puked up another full sock of his I never knew she got a hold of. These little devils just love to chomp on everything and anything they can fit in their mouths.

Oh my goodness! Harlea!!! This gives me chills, and makes me think back to our fun times. Ugh, I swear... they are so dang quick, is she feeling better now?

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
I know the feeling, why do they eat everything in sight. Lola will eat everything not tied down and Floyd is our destructive chewer and wrecks things ( the moulding in the living room, the trim around the doors, the post at the bottom of the stairs) needless to say they are never left alone and if so they must go in the laundry room or crates ( which are in the laundry room) 3 days ago I had to go out for awhile and put them in the laundry room. This consists of their crates and their water/food dishes nothing else and I position the crates to block the garage door trim. I came home to find one of the water bowls dumped and the rubbery cover which is partly decorative but also keeps it from sliding around missing. I quickly began checking and found one chunk in a crate. I made a decision to induce vomiting in Lola as it was a lot of rubber missing. Within 10 minutes she did, up came breakfast and lunch, some grass, a leaf, a piece of string from the couch, an un-chewed carrot ect.... But no pink rubber. I was a little confused and thought oh crap she must of already started to digest it. It was soft and squishy so I figured it would probably pass through. Needless to say she seemed fine no signs anything was wrong so I didn't worry about it and just planned to keep watch of her bowel movements to confirm it passed through. Next morning I headed out for a bit and when I got home my husband told me their was a gift on the counter for me. I found a large quantity of vomit with the entire bowl cover in it. It had come from Floyd. I induced vomiting in the wrong dog. I felt terrible that I put Lola through that when it wasn't necessary but in my defence Floyd has never given us any issues with eating things he shouldn't. He knows the command leave it and drop it, always runs to me and gives me whatever is in his mouth while Lola runs as fast as she can to hide and swallows whatever she has. Plus she just goes looking for things to eat that aren't edible and has already costs us lots of money at the vet for this problem. So apparently we have to keep a close eye on both now for that type of behavior.
Glad to hear Brutus got out what was in him that shouldn't have been and hopefully he is feeling 100% now. These dogs are just crazy!!! I panic everytime I do the laundry and I have a sock thats missing its match wondering if one of the pups somehow got it....lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow how scary!! C'mon Brutus you're going to give your mom a heart attack!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
oh no!! brutus ole bad boy!! :D glad it came up!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so glad all of your babies have heaved up the object..... I really am lucky my guys do not eat things in the house that they should not.... well, outside is another story :D

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
[emoji32]Brutus, how was that even tasty enough to swallow?!? Ahhh I hope he feels better soon! [emoji32]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad to hear that Brutus did vomit it up-and hope that was all of it. Don't understand why these guys want to drive us to :drink::facepalm:Gotta' love them-I mean REALLY gotta' love them!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
it amazes me how they even swallow it some dry piece of material so glad Brutus is ok, im lucky that Ftse does not eat anything and doesn't chew anymore either

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
BRUTUS!!! I swear he IS going to give you a heart attack… I hope that he got it all out. I watch Wally but he really doesn't eat things that he shouldn't… he only likes to tear up his bed :fie:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.