Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Oh Brutus...

Brutus has not been acting right for the last few days. He seemed very restless, walking around at night instead of relaxing. Well, I was out yesterday and when I got home in the afternoon, Brutus seemed like he was coughing a lot. He went and got a drink of water but it didn't seem to help his cough. All of a sudden he throws up a little food, and a giant piece of Frankies crate cover!!! Total panic!!! I cannot believe he threw it up considering the size of it. He spit up a tiny bit again last night, but hopefully it is all out now. I swear I need eyes all over my body with him!
    My smooshy face boy!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oh Brutus...

Oh my gosh! Brutus is a lucky bully not sure about Mom ;(

Hoping that boy stops this nonsense asap and sending warm
    hugs to you dear Rosalie. Keeping you in thoughts & prayers!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Oh Brutus... I swear, after our socks incident, I cleaned house. I am OCD to begin with no matter what, but it went into overdrive after that. I picked up, moved, and threw out every single thing Tyson could reach or get too. I live in panic mode now with that, if something falls from someone's hand or counter, I sweep in like ninja to pick it up. It's sad... but hey... it is what it is.

I'm so happy to hear he threw it up! I can't even fathom how on earth they swallow these things?!? I hope he's gotten it all out and starts to feel better! Hugs.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow. Hope he starts to feel better. I caught my little sock monster about a month ago with half of one of my son's socks that he left lying around. Grrr... Two weeks later she puked up that half so I thought was all well and good. Nope. Last week she puked up another full sock of his I never knew she got a hold of. These little devils just love to chomp on everything and anything they can fit in their mouths.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Wow. Hope he starts to feel better. I caught my little sock monster about a month ago with half of one of my son's socks that he left lying around. Grrr... Two weeks later she puked up that half so I thought was all well and good. Nope. Last week she puked up another full sock of his I never knew she got a hold of. These little devils just love to chomp on everything and anything they can fit in their mouths.
    Oh my goodness! Harlea!!! This gives me chills, and makes me think back to our fun times. Ugh, I swear... they are so dang quick, is she feeling better now?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

OH BRUTUS!! you bad boy.

Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)

I know the feeling, why do they eat everything in sight. Lola will eat everything not tied down and Floyd is our destructive chewer and wrecks things ( the moulding in the living room, the trim around the doors, the post at the bottom of the stairs) needless to say they are never left alone and if so they must go in the laundry room or crates ( which are in the laundry room) 3 days ago I had to go out for awhile and put them in the laundry room. This consists of their crates and their water/food dishes nothing else and I position the crates to block the garage door trim. I came home to find one of the water bowls dumped and the rubbery cover which is partly decorative but also keeps it from sliding around missing. I quickly began checking and found one chunk in a crate. I made a decision to induce vomiting in Lola as it was a lot of rubber missing. Within 10 minutes she did, up came breakfast and lunch, some grass, a leaf, a piece of string from the couch, an un-chewed carrot ect.... But no pink rubber. I was a little confused and thought oh crap she must of already started to digest it. It was soft and squishy so I figured it would probably pass through. Needless to say she seemed fine no signs anything was wrong so I didn't worry about it and just planned to keep watch of her bowel movements to confirm it passed through. Next morning I headed out for a bit and when I got home my husband told me their was a gift on the counter for me. I found a large quantity of vomit with the entire bowl cover in it. It had come from Floyd. I induced vomiting in the wrong dog. I felt terrible that I put Lola through that when it wasn't necessary but in my defence Floyd has never given us any issues with eating things he shouldn't. He knows the command leave it and drop it, always runs to me and gives me whatever is in his mouth while Lola runs as fast as she can to hide and swallows whatever she has. Plus she just goes looking for things to eat that aren't edible and has already costs us lots of money at the vet for this problem. So apparently we have to keep a close eye on both now for that type of behavior.
    Glad to hear Brutus got out what was in him that shouldn't have been and hopefully he is feeling 100% now. These dogs are just crazy!!! I panic everytime I do the laundry and I have a sock thats missing its match wondering if one of the pups somehow got it....lol

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow how scary!! C'mon Brutus you're going to give your mom a heart attack!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

oh no!! brutus ole bad boy!! glad it came up!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

so glad all of your babies have heaved up the object..... I really am lucky my guys do not eat things in the house that they should not.... well, outside is another story
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Brutus, how was that even tasty enough to swallow?!? Ahhh I hope he feels better soon!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear that Brutus did vomit it up-and hope that was all of it. Don't understand why these guys want to drive us to Gotta' love them-I mean REALLY gotta' love them!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

13. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads