RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I filled the boys pool up today. We plan on opening the main pool in two weeks. Weesie and I were working around the pool yesterday (plants and crap) and it was hot outside. I sucked down Gatorade and I gave the boys a sip. I thought I better check with the Pro's here to see if it is okay to give the boys Gatorade. What do you think? Ralphie

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think I have heard of giving gatorade when a dog has been over heated to replace lost electrolytes-if they have gotten over heated, but it has sugar, so it wouldn't be a drink for a steady diet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Gatorade contains too much sugar for a dog and there are also artificial colorings and additives which can disrupt the healthy functioning of the urinary tract and other systems. Plus some other sports drinks contain vitamins and minerals that are good to for humans, but not good for dogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think pedialyte (spelling) is a better option as I think it has no sugar or less

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I would only give that in an emergency situation. Like the others have said, it's full of sugar and fake dyes. I would stick with pure water :) If a dog doesn't want to drink you can also add a small amount of low sodium chicken broth to their water. This link has good info about it.

Can I Give My Dog Gatorade?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.