Pink / red blotchy skin and pimples?

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
In the later part of the day yesterday, I noticed Bruno who is 4 months old. His skin on his face, chest, head, ears, legs and inside of his back legs and belly was all blotchy pink/red. At our last visit he had a couple pimples inside his back leg the doctor said not to worry about it just like a teenager. now he has 4 or 5 inside of each back leg. But I was really worried about the red pink blotchiness last night.

I was ready to start the Apple cider vinegar then coconut oil and then yogurt. Which I still may do, but I woke up this morning and almost 98% of the red pink blotchiness is gone. after sleeping in an extra hour longer than normal.

He wasn't scratching, licking, panting, vomiting and no lose stool. he just seemed tired. he felt hot and had a slight runny nose.

He did have a busy few hours we took him to Lowe's, Petsmart and a couple other stores why we were picking up stuff for a Girl Scout project. Do you think it's possible he was just exhausted?

We feed him taste of the wild bison and roasted venison puppy formula.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
very possible he was tired and could be he brushed up against something that just irritated his skin. If it happens again, wipe him with a cool wash cloth and see it if goes away after a little while.... banks was allergic to all things green so if i did not do this to her after each trip outside her belly,legs and face would be just as you describe

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Well some of it started to come back after Bruno and Oliver were horsing around this morning. Oliver is our golden retriever.

I did get this nice picture of Bruno trying to take a picture of his rash.

8689e405dd3b108d123609223c6d84d7_zps9alyaika.jpg

Here's what's come back underneath his chin this just so happens to be the spot that Oliver bites at when they're playing.

23d01a81dd70450856f13059614e6fd0_zpskjvhvilt.jpg

067b6f0c06a51c4a2c3680a46af6529c_zpsfsslaso3.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
a26df447816531b6f3ba70fcfcaed5cb_zpsbxl650k2.jpg

OMG --- this is a fantastic photo.... so darn handsome !

From these and what you say, it seems to be for getting worked up/excited.... try the cool wash clot and see if that helps

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I did wipe it down with sensitive, hypoallergenic, fragrance and alcohol free baby wipes.

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Oh what a beauty! That face, those stinkin' cute eyes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Omg what a good looking bully! I tried ACV with Brett. Seems like everytime he takes that he seems to have itchy paws? so I stopped. Logan can tolerate it (sometimes) but I'm happy giving them coconut oil and probiotics.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In the later part of the day yesterday, I noticed Bruno who is 4 months old. His skin on his face, chest, head, ears, legs and inside of his back legs and belly was all blotchy pink/red. At our last visit he had a couple pimples inside his back leg the doctor said not to worry about it just like a teenager. now he has 4 or 5 inside of each back leg. But I was really worried about the red pink blotchiness last night.

I was ready to start the Apple cider vinegar then coconut oil and then yogurt. Which I still may do, but I woke up this morning and almost 98% of the red pink blotchiness is gone. after sleeping in an extra hour longer than normal.

He wasn't scratching, licking, panting, vomiting and no lose stool. he just seemed tired. he felt hot and had a slight runny nose.

He did have a busy few hours we took him to Lowe's, Petsmart and a couple other stores why we were picking up stuff for a Girl Scout project. Do you think it's possible he was just exhausted?

We feed him taste of the wild bison and roasted venison puppy formula.

Brett was on TOTW wild bison. At first, he was okay with it then unfortunately he didn't do well with that. Noticed he was more "pinkish" in color..itchy paws and he was licking himself more. So I switched to Fromm Beef Fritata. Both Brett and Logan are doing well with it.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Brett was on TOTW wild bison. At first, he was okay with it then unfortunately he didn't do well with that. Noticed he was more "pinkish" in color..itchy paws and he was licking himself more. So I switched to Fromm Beef Fritata. Both Brett and Logan are doing well with it.

I see Fromm food is used a lot with bulldog owners. If I have to switch to something else I will, but I hope I don't have to increase my food bill by 70%. I currently get 30lb bags of taste of the wild out the door for $43. I just called a 30lb bag of Fromm Beef Fritata is $73. out the door.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That first pic is a good pic of im, I love it!!! I'm like Christine @2BullyMama I think the cool damp cloth would help with the redness. When he gets red all over, it could be allergies and Benedryl will help with that. 1mg per pound of body weight, but if the allergies are bad, as in hives, you can double the dose.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
That first pic is a good pic of im, I love it!!! I'm like Christine @2BullyMama I think the cool damp cloth would help with the redness. When he gets red all over, it could be allergies and Benedryl will help with that. 1mg per pound of body weight, but if the allergies are bad, as in hives, you can double the dose.

What Benadryl do I need to get? I've been wanting to get some but all the pills have something in them, I think it's acetaminophen. That what I want to get?

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I see Fromm food is used a lot with bulldog owners. If I have to switch to something else I will, but I hope I don't have to increase my food bill by 70%. I currently get 30lb bags of taste of the wild out the door for $43. I just called a 30lb bag of Fromm Beef Fritata is $73. out the door.

Yeah I hear you. I was like that too. Try ordering online. Most of the time they offer 20% off with autoship. You can schedule when you want to get it deliver. If you have to switch, check prices online and Google coupons

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@mb190e get the plain Benedryl, it's Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg. pills. Most bullies get two pills at a time. Acetaminophen is toxic to dogs and cats, and can be fatal.

OP
mb190e

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
@mb190e get the plain Benedryl, it's Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg. pills. Most bullies get two pills at a time. Acetaminophen is toxic to dogs and cats, and can be fatal. Here is a pic of it.

Ok thanks [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] but I don't see the pic.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
There are lots of great food options that are within your price range, I would also look at Acana, wellness, NVI, natural balance. It matters more that the food agrees with your bully, even if it isn't a 5 or 6 star food on the list. I would, however, stick with grain free, and taste of the wild is a great brand.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.