Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Purebred?

Yup price is definitely high for a 6 year old. Our local recuse would probably do 200-300 depending on existing health issues. Agreed with everyone else, push for a medical background

if this is someone off of craigslist, they may be trying to dump a problem on someone else and make some money while they're at it. Whether it be health or behavioral, if this person is not affiliated with a legitimate rescue group I would proceed with caution.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

she looks 100% to me...i got mine from a rescue Jenna was 3...I paid $400 for her....but she was spayed, all shots, teeth cleaned, microchipped...think i got a pretty good deal but after having her for 4 years...she priceless

3. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg Badessa Davidson View Post
    Hi everyone! We are looking to adopt a sweet 6 yr old english bulldog. The woman we are adopting from says she is purebred but doesn't have the papers. We don't mind if she's not purebred so much, but would like to have some idea what she is mixed with and also how much we should pay since she doesn't have the papers. She is asking 600 obo. Anyway, here is a photo of her (the dog, not the lady lol)......any input would be greatly appreciated!Attachment 85985

Meg
    She's adorable. I do think that's a high price for a bulldog without papers, but I'm more concerned that it looks like she has been bred, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but someone who breeds their dog and then dumps her off Craigslist at the age of 6 could be looking to unload issues onto someone else. It could be she's healthy and they just know bulldogs bring a high price, but selling their dog like that runs me the wrong way. If they really wanted to rehome her for whatever reason and they truly cared about her I think they'd go through a rescue or not ask for money. I'm not saying don't get her, just be careful what you're getting into. I hope she does get to live with you and that she gets to stay forever. It's hard on dogs to go to a new family when they've only ever known one.

Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)

I would first go through a rescue as they at least check the dog out thoroughly over and out and they take care of many medical needs if not all. They also have them fixed as well, not that an individual doesn't do these things but you always wonder why a person would give up their dog or at least I would. When going to an individual it is important to find out all health visits to the vet and why, I assume she has a regular vet. Speak to her vet and find out what she feels overall the dogs health is prior to purchasing her. I will say that it is very kind of you to want to adopt this EBD. She sure is pretty,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads