Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thank you for the honey knowledge, I NEVER knew! We've always bought the plastic bear with honey in it. haha Last night we gave him 2 Benadryls before bed and a rice cake and everything went well. Thank you everyone for the input, this site is so incredibly valuable to Bulldogs and Bulldog people.

Me too I thought honey was honey!
so glad Buster was better last night poor baby give him a big kiss from me Phil

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Me too I thought honey was honey!
so glad Buster was better last night poor baby give him a big kiss from me Phil

Nope, if you are trying to combat allergies, the honey has to be from local bees, as those are the particular allergens in the air that would affect you. So if you are CA, and you buy TX honey - it will do nothing for you allergy wise. The whole purpose is to build immunity to the allergens in your area. This goes just as well for us, spoon of honey a day helps keep the allergies away :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Nope, if you are trying to combat allergies, the honey has to be from local bees, as those are the particular allergens in the air that would affect you. So if you are CA, and you buy TX honey - it will do nothing for you allergy wise. The whole purpose is to build immunity to the allergens in your area. This goes just as well for us, spoon of honey a day helps keep the allergies away :)

:goodpost:It is all making sense now, thank you.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
So good to hear Buster is doing better, we had the same problem with Dudley and took him to the vets who said he probably had a mild chest infection and prescribed a five day course of antibiotics, fingers crossed he seems a lot better, that being said I am currently sat up at 4.45 am with my wife and Dudley because he had been sick in his crate, we're still awake and he's snoring his head off now �� can't leave him though! ��

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So good to hear Buster is doing better, we had the same problem with Dudley and took him to the vets who said he probably had a mild chest infection and prescribed a five day course of antibiotics, fingers crossed he seems a lot better, that being said I am currently sat up at 4.45 am with my wife and Dudley because he had been sick in his crate, we're still awake and he's snoring his head off now �� can't leave him though! ��

Ugh im so sorry I hope he gets better quick.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you for the honey knowledge, I NEVER knew! We've always bought the plastic bear with honey in it. haha Last night we gave him 2 Benadryls before bed and a rice cake and everything went well. Thank you everyone for the input, this site is so incredibly valuable to Bulldogs and Bulldog people.

Oh, Phil We know you just like collecting those little plastic bears! It wasn't about the HONEY :ROFL: Hope King B (bee-ha!ha!) is still doing well!

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, Phil We know you just like collecting those little plastic bears! It wasn't about the HONEY :ROFL: Hope King B (bee-ha!ha!) is still doing well!

HAHA!!! He is thank you :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

sorry I missed all this, but am happy he is doing all better!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.