brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes, he has been getting pepcid with every meal since his surgery. I started probiotics last night and had to stop pepcid, bc the pepcid will suppress the probiotics, but it has really helped him (pepcid) I'm just praying & praying that I permanently fix his belly issues. Now, I'm using my own experience & knowledge with him on how's he's been lately... I haven't taken him to the vet yet. I'm gonna give it a full week on the probiotics to see if I notice improvement. If nothing, then to the vet we go. Ugh. I know his stomach has been a mess since the socks incident. The raw is suppose to great for digestion, and it also has probiotics in it, but maybe not enough? IDK... but I am glad to hear we're not the only ones with some spit ups, he had some bile come up, and yesterday there was a very small amount of vomit. But he's only been on raw for 9 days so far. Like full, all raw.
make sure you give snacks in between. their tummies get empty faster on Raw. Sorry [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION], I didn't mean to :hijacked:.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It is probably all of us. Harlea vomited several times in the afternoon last week which she has never done before but it also coincided with high winds, muggy weather and high pollen counts so I attributed it to allergies as well. I hope Buster feels better soon.

Also, as previously stated RAW local honey is the best. it can help build immunity to various allergens in your area.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is probably all of us. Harlea vomited several times in the afternoon last week which she has never done before but it also coincided with high winds, muggy weather and high pollen counts so I attributed it to allergies as well. I hope Buster feels better soon.

Also, as previously stated RAW local honey is the best. it can help build immunity to various allergens in your area.
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] no worries, I'm the high jack king on here!! LOL!

Todd, what does local mean? Like bees that live in the same city as me? where can I get local honey?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@brutus77 no worries, I'm the high jack king on here!! LOL!

Todd, what does local mean? Like bees that live in the same city as me? where can I get local honey?

I'm not Todd but you can get local honey at your farmer's market! :) There's a local honeybee guy who has the brand, Bill's honey (i'll double check).

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION], the Burbank Farmer's market is on Sat mornings and Bill's Bees goes to that one.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I'm late to the party… INSANE day...

So sorry about Buster, a call to the vet may be in order Phil but I agree w/the gang it's probably allergies. I put Wally on Zyrtec EVERY night this last week because it's gone from the 60s to the 80s and super humid!!! Zyrtec is great too because it stays in their system for 24 hours. I hope that ALL of our babies get thru this allergy season… I know it's kicking my BUTT as well :(

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I'd take him to the vet. Ruckus did this one night and I thought it was a stomach bug, but it was actually a respiratory infection. The vet said the throwing up was a reaction to the coughing. Not sure if it's the same situation, but you can never be too safe with these guys and their lungs.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
@brutus77 no worries, I'm the high jack king on here!! LOL!

Yep. Just that. Local to you. That was the honey is produced with various pollens specific to your area and over time after using it for some time it is supposed to help build up immunity. It's great for humans as well.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] no worries, I'm the high jack king on here!! LOL!

:rofl: does it really matter where the bees come from?

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hope my Buddy Buster is feeling much better phil and its not nothing serious

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:rofl: does it really matter where the bees come from?

Good one! But it actually does matter where the bees come from. Local honey is the honey made by the bees in your area. Honey is good for you, but local honey is what you need most, especially when you have allergies.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the honey knowledge, I NEVER knew! We've always bought the plastic bear with honey in it. haha Last night we gave him 2 Benadryls before bed and a rice cake and everything went well. Thank you everyone for the input, this site is so incredibly valuable to Bulldogs and Bulldog people.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you for the honey knowledge, I NEVER knew! We've always bought the plastic bear with honey in it. haha Last night we gave him 2 Benadryls before bed and a rice cake and everything went well. Thank you everyone for the input, this site is so incredibly valuable to Bulldogs and Bulldog people.

I love all natural remedies! We do alot with Tyson. So happy Buster did well last night :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm happy to hear that Buster is doing better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.