Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New puppy!!!!...Can I handle 2 bullies?!?

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Default New puppy!!!!...Can I handle 2 bullies?!?

So, I've always said I wanted a second bully....I think Ruckus would we over the moon with a little friend...but I never really acted on it. Well, Ruckus's breeder just had a litter (on Easter!) of puppies. They're from Ruckus's grandmother and I think this is her last litter. The puppies look so much like Ruckus's litter! I don't know why, but this picture really made me want to bring a little sister home for Ruckus.

I just wonder -- is it really that much harder with 2 of them? Isn't it @Manydogs that always says "What's one more dog?"

We take Ruckus with us on vacation a lot, so we'll just take the other one too, right? Besides the fact that our Queen sized bed will be taken over by snoring bullies, I'm really into the idea. I also think I'll feel better about getting a dog sitter if I go on trips they can't come on, because they'd be together.

What do you guys think?

Oh and I think I want a girl and her name will be Regina.

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1428423713-482705-jpg

2. Likes Bella and Dozers Dad, ddnene liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New puppy!!!!...Can I handle 2 bullies?!?

I have 2 now too! Just got Logan last week and he's about 12.5 weeks old and Brett is 5 mos old. They are both handfuls. They would fight most of the time. Brett is more mellow but Logan nips guess because he's the baby. Still getting them used to each other. Definitely hard work!

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Awesome go for it.
    Hug your bully today

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)

hahaha this post was awesome to read, mainly because I got put on the same boat! I welcome Tali home on the 4th . Chris just texted me one day and was like "Sandi is having another litter" and I follwed up with "SEND ME PICTURES" and sure enough! I think if you get one, that white one with the spots is to die for!!!!!!! Also, good luck! I am excited and I know how you feel thinking about it.

6. Likes g8erjackie liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have always,after getting married had from 2 to 5 dogs. Yeah, I always figured after you have two, what's one more. I never had a babysitter anyway! Two is still easy. Taking four on a trip is hard for me, but sometimes I get to go to visit my sister in Md. and I take them. My dogs have always accepted a new pup-but I am wearing the patch now-and trying to quit! I am just getting too old. Can't handle any more. You know that saying "The older I get, the better I WAS!" that's me!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

8. Likes g8erjackie liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    So, I've always said I wanted a second bully....I think Ruckus would we over the moon with a little friend...but I never really acted on it. Well, Ruckus's breeder just had a litter (on Easter!) of puppies. They're from Ruckus's grandmother and I think this is her last litter. The puppies look so much like Ruckus's litter! I don't know why, but this picture really made me want to bring a little sister home for Ruckus.

I just wonder -- is it really that much harder with 2 of them? Isn't it @Manydogs that always says "What's one more dog?"

We take Ruckus with us on vacation a lot, so we'll just take the other one too, right? Besides the fact that our Queen sized bed will be taken over by snoring bullies, I'm really into the idea. I also think I'll feel better about getting a dog sitter if I go on trips they can't come on, because they'd be together.

What do you guys think?

Oh and I think I want a girl and her name will be Regina.

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1428423713-482705-jpg

the pic's adorable.

if you have time to train a puppy, i say go for it. oh, but you may need a bigger bed. we traded our queen for a king..lol..

10. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

LOL!!! DO IT!

I would love to get a boy bully, but there's no way in the world that I could do it on my own. If I ever get married, I'd definitely push for another bully puppy!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

12. Likes g8erjackie liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    the pic's adorable.

if you have time to train a puppy, i say go for it. oh, but you may need a bigger bed. we traded our queen for a king..lol..
    Haha. Will be getting Cal King size too!

14. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)

We got Lola at 7 weeks and within about 3 weeks we decided to get another. When we brought Floyd home he was also 7 weeks and by then Lola was 14 weeks. There has been pros and cons to having 2 pups at the same time. Definitely lots of work training and twice the energy. But ours also bonded really quick so they took out a lot of their energy on eachother and When we can't be with them I feel better knowing they have eachother. There is still the odd day where I'm like what was I thinking ( usually when they have been partners in crime) but mostly I can't imagine life without them or without them having one another. It was expensive in the beginning with two but if your other bully is grown then all of the start of costs of vaccines ect will already be done. Also your basic training would already be done. Your biggest issue will probably be Ruckus excepting the new pup. Good luck with your decision.

16. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lola View Post
    We got Lola at 7 weeks and within about 3 weeks we decided to get another. When we brought Floyd home he was also 7 weeks and by then Lola was 14 weeks. There has been pros and cons to having 2 pups at the same time. Definitely lots of work training and twice the energy. But ours also bonded really quick so they took out a lot of their energy on eachother and When we can't be with them I feel better knowing they have eachother. There is still the odd day where I'm like what was I thinking ( usually when they have been partners in crime) but mostly I can't imagine life without them or without them having one another. It was expensive in the beginning with two but if your other bully is grown then all of the start of costs of vaccines ect will already be done. Also your basic training would already be done. Your biggest issue will probably be Ruckus excepting the new pup. Good luck with your decision.

Im still saying what did I gotten myself into?! Lol. But I absolutely DO NOT regret getting both! I love them so much. It's so much fun and happier and more lively in my household !

18. Likes Miss Lola liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Also, Jackie, you have her name picked out! That means you HAVE to get her. And I agree with the previous poster...Regina is the white one with the sweet brown spots!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

20. Likes g8erjackie liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I think you are a great bully mommy, so I say as long as you can handle the expenses and training and all, go for it!! Regina will have a great loving home.
    My smooshy face boy!

22. Likes g8erjackie liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads