New puppy!!!!...Can I handle 2 bullies?!?

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
No advice, but i am constantly wondering this myself!....
And now that i see what he just did up there above me, it is always [MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] 's pics that are getting the wheels turning.

They're both precious. Good luck whatever you decide! :D

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm gonna spoil the fun here... it's not always unicorns and rainbows. We got Bennie when Boeboe was about 6 months old, she was NOT happy. She sat with her face in the corner for days, not even looking at him. They are still to this day, 5 years later, not bonded and they would never cuddle unless it's really cold, then Boeboe would maybe, perhaps, sometimes go sleep next to Bennie for the heat. Don't get me wrong, they do play sometimes but that is it, other than some rough playing in the afternoons there is basically no interaction between them what so ever.

They start fights sometimes, mostly it's Bennie starting it cos he guards food, so I can't eat with them both around, and I can't feed them without having them in different rooms with the door closed. I would NEVER leave them home alone together, they stay in different areas of the house. I can't allow them on the couch cos Boeboe would attack Bennie if he comes close to her in a situation like that. They are very jealous of each other. Obviously we did something wrong but they are so stubborn and they never forget so it's over for us, no dogs on furniture's, beds or under the dining table eating treats.

Not to forget that both Bennie and Boeboe would attack Joey and wise verse if they see each other. So house and garden are split up in two areas. Joey is our rescue that had major health issues when we got her. I should have probably considered re-homing her straight away but I was terrified she wouldn't get the medical attention that she needed and she had already bonded with us and our Pug, considering her sad past I couldn't abandon her. Also Joey and Bennie got along great in the beginning, they loved one-another, but that was before my husband made the mistake of feeding them close to each other one day when I was not home, Bennie attacked her and now Joey wont get over it and attacks Bennie if she sees him.

Our house is filled with rules, restrictions and regulations all because of the dogs. I love them like children and I spoil them all I can but I don't think I will ever have more than one dog in the future.

I'm not saying it will be like this, I just want to be real but there are lots of people here with bulldogs loving each other, it can just as well be totally awesome:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] blames me, but he is the one putting "cutesy" photos up. DSCF5274.JPG tempting people to get more dogs!! :lmaoboy:

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
It's happening! May 31st Regina comes home!!!!!! Oh please oh please let her be the angel puppy that Ruckus was.... I'm so excited. I'm getting then matching spike collars. They're going to be the toast of the town!!!!

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I'm SO jealous!! There is no way Tucker would get along with another dog, both my hubby and I would get another if we thought he would.... So I will just love all the postings from all of you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
It's happening! May 31st Regina comes home!!!!!! Oh please oh please let her be the angel puppy that Ruckus was.... I'm so excited. I'm getting then matching spike collars. They're going to be the toast of the town!!!!

Congrats!!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
It won't be long now. Have you started the baby's room? Ruckus will be watching for sissy to come home.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
It won't be long now. Have you started the baby's room? Ruckus will be watching for sissy to come home.

Oh don't make fun of me! But yeah I totally stopped by TJ Maxx on my way back to the office from lunch to look for bowls and beds and such...

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I noticed on another post you said you're in the DC area. We live between Dupont and Shaw. If you want, we can schedule a bully play date!!!

I live in Centreville, VA. Let's definitely work on a doggie play date!!!! :) Do you go to any of the bully meet ups? Greater MD and Washington DC bulldog meetup groups?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.